Trouble With Gngeo

harukamiho

Still Fresh
Hi there,
i am very new to the gp32 community and the whole emulator world. i have been experiencing trouble of emulating games throught the gngeo. i have the f200 and runs of firmware 4.0. i have d/l all the bios and it runs well on rage2x. i could see all the titles that the gngeo support, however, my games are not working. i could see the games are in green on the list. HOwever, last blade 2 (.bin), keeps on saying wrong roms. on the other hand, sengoku 2 alows me to see the opening scene and put it the credit by pushing the select button, however, it did allow me to run the games nor giving sounds. at the top of the screen, it says 1 player 0. as far as for the roms, i have 2 kinds; one is in ".rom" the other is ".bin" --mame supported. so, what do i need to do now? i am soooo beyond lost. also, it i tried to pass the L +R and select button to get out of the program, it does not let me. so, please, anyone out there, HELP me. DUe the the fact that i am complete computer illterate.. could you please give me a step by step instruction, so, i can get this baby to work? also, what kinds of roms run well for this emulator gngeo 2x? :(

If it says bad roms that means you have the wrong rom sets, go to website called rom hustler and download the mame roms from there most majority of rom sets are supported and they should work.

LINKING TO ROM SITES IS NOT ALLOWED ON THESE FORUMS, ALSO ASKING FOR ROMS (In one of your previous threads) IS NOT ALLOWED. REPEATED DISREGARD OF FORUM RULES WILL RESULT IN A SUSPENSION AND POSSIBLE BAN.

Be careful.

The best advice that I can give you without going too deep and technical, is to just search for torrents for GnGeo2x for the GP2X. This is simplest method, and it will save you the hassle of trying make the games work properly. ;)

As of the "L + R & Select" button combination, I'm not exactly sure what you meant, but I guess you meant it was freezing, right?

Change these settings while in Rage2x (v1.1), to have sound & fix the exit problem (as well as increase performance):

- Go to the Settings (Select button)
- Activate Sound
- Activate Auto Reload GUI
- craigix's RAM Timing
- Save All Setting

If it still is freezing on exit, you might be using a lower version of GnGeo2x, and you should consider updating to a more recent version. (Take note though, the GP2X also has a tendency to freeze, so sometimes it can't be helped. <_<)

Had the same problem, go with the beta of GnGeo, that will resolve most problems. One question: how do I access the bios for games? I need to turn on the blood for Metal Slug.

Vince2501 said:
Had the same problem, go with the beta of GnGeo, that will resolve most problems. One question: how do I access the bios for games? I need to turn on the blood for Metal Slug.
You shouldn't have much difficulty finding it by yahooing (yep) or googling. Also sites that have neogeo roms have a high possibility to also have the neogeo bios file ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi vince, you can also use the uni bios for neo geo. you can just do the search on google. has anyone tried the sengoku 2, it keeps on giving the the blank screen after i load. i could hear the music and see some snap shot, but the game just won't start. i used the regular gngeo verson and the beta, Metal slug 5 is not loading at all when i tried to load this game under the beta verson. here it is another problem for all those gp2x wizzards to solve, i downlaoded the cps2emu test version 8 to run some cps2 games, eg, super gem fighter, super puzzle figher.. it keeps on saying unsupported cashe files. is there anyone to save me?
since i am not good with computer... can anyone give me a step by step instruction? please......
=)

Alghazanth said:
You shouldn't have much difficulty finding it by yahooing (yep) or googling. Also sites that have neogeo roms have a high possibility to also have the neogeo bios file ;)
Eh, I meant accessing the bios for each game and turning on blood, adding extra lives, etc? This has nothing to do with asking for roms.

harukamiho said:
Hi vince, you can also use the uni bios for neo geo. you can just do the search on google. has anyone tried the sengoku 2, it keeps on giving the the blank screen after i load. i could hear the music and see some snap shot, but the game just won't start. i used the regular gngeo verson and the beta, Metal slug 5 is not loading at all when i tried to load this game under the beta verson. here it is another problem for all those gp2x wizzards to solve, i downlaoded the cps2emu test version 8 to run some cps2 games, eg, super gem fighter, super puzzle figher.. it keeps on saying unsupported cashe files. is there anyone to save me?
since i am not good with computer... can anyone give me a step by step instruction? please......
=)
I believe Sengoku 2 doesn't work. It was marked as Not Working in Rage2x. I also tried it to check, but it didn't work. :( As of Metal Slug 5, I'm sure it works, since I play it. You most likely don't have a compatible ROM set for GnGeo2x.

For CPS2emu, you need cache files in order to play the games. The cache files are similar to the graphics dump of GnGeo2x. You can either dump them yourself or just download them. ;)

To dump them yourself, go to the CPS2emu folder, there is a folder named "romcnv". Inside, you will find "cps2conv.bat" and "cps2conv_all.bat". Just execute either one of them (the former is for converting just one game, while the latter is for converting all games inside a folder), and after dumping your games, the cache files are located in the "cache" folder there. You just copy those into the other "cache" folder located in the main CPS2emu folder. If it fails to dump a cache, it might mean that you have a ROM set that isn't formatted for CPS2emu. Also take note that you only need one cache file per game. The parent ROM & its clones share the same cache file. B)

Vince2501 said:
Eh, I meant accessing the bios for each game and turning on blood, adding extra lives, etc? This has nothing to do with asking for roms.
I assume you already have a Universe BIOS, and you have set the System in Rage2x to Unibios. There are two locations for tweaking the settings (each having different features & options).

The first one is during the first screen (Unibios screen) at start-up; all you need to do is to press A + X + B buttons (do it quickly before the screen moves on), and it will bring up a menu where you can tweak some of the settings.

The second one is while in the game; press Select + Start buttons and the In Game Menu will appear, which contains the rest of the cheats and tweaks. :)

HI Manjuu,
thank you for getting back to me. i did try to do what you told me.. however, it could be the cps2 rom is not supported.... i understand that asking for roms is not allowed, but is there any pointer that you can give me?

harukamiho said:
HI Manjuu,
thank you for getting back to me. i did try to do what you told me.. however, it could be the cps2 rom is not supported.... i understand that asking for roms is not allowed, but is there any pointer that you can give me?
I sent you a PM. Check it, and PM me back if you have problems. ;)

Back