Drpocketsnes (pocketsnes643) Not Working On F200

ak47hkk

Still Fresh
I can't get it past the rom selection screen, it just freezes with the text still present on screen. (not blank screen) Can anybody help? Brand new f200 with firmware 4.0

This is getting quite frustrating! :(

Also the squidgeSnes emulator just goes to the rom selection screen itself without me choosing that, and then freezes. I'm using the latest versions.

I use it on my F200 without problems.

Looks like it had some problems with sound volume too loud locking the gp2x, but this version you have is already patched for F200.

I agree with hitnrun it works perfectly well on gp2x f200 i have the same model it shoudn't give any problems.

Maybe you are not doing it right, make sure the roms are in the rom folder.

Moved to "I Need Help" forum because it is a request for help, after all. And specifically a getting-a-program-to-work help request, which should definitely be here, I think :).

I've have a GP2X F200 now for a couple weeks. It shows a s/n of 2007.12.12 - GP2XV001 - 00000265 and has version 4.0.0 firmware.

I had no luck getting pocketsnes v6.4.3 to run. I've tried .zip and .smc files and it shows "loading rom" and then goes blank and emites a horrible, horrible buzzing noise. I did get squidge snes working as long as the file was .smc.

Anyone have any suggestions? I can run any other emulator I've tried but I was really aiming for a good snes one.

heybirder said:
I've have a GP2X F200 now for a couple weeks. It shows a s/n of 2007.12.12 - GP2XV001 - 00000265 and has version 4.0.0 firmware.

I had no luck getting pocketsnes v6.4.3 to run. I've tried .zip and .smc files and it shows "loading rom" and then goes blank and emites a horrible, horrible buzzing noise. I did get squidge snes working as long as the file was .smc.

Anyone have any suggestions? I can run any other emulator I've tried but I was really aiming for a good snes one.
Try changing the Sound Rate in the Options.

(I find this odd though since that F-200 sound frequency issue should have been already fixed. :huh: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Manjuu said:
heybirder said:

Try changing the Sound Rate in the Options.

(I find this odd though since that F-200 sound frequency issue should have been already fixed. :huh: )

It works! Thank You! I changed the default sound value to something larger and everything runs now. What a strange thing.

heybirder said:
Don't let Squidge hear you say that :)

Back