A Few Newbish Questions...

devlkore

^_^
Website
www.sparktasty.net
Howdy,
Finally ordered my GP32 BLU and I've been reading up for ages (over a year now), but I still have a few questions.

Which emulator is the best for megadrive as far as compatibility and sound go?

Also, which commercial and homebrew games support the RF-Link? Do any emulators support it?

What's the latest with GBA emulation, or where can I go to find out (I've tried but found nothing very helpful)?

What's the name of that program to test how high a GP32 can be overclocked?

Where can I read about the pros and cons of the different firmwares and launchers?

Any help with any of my questions would be greatly appreciated, ThanX.

BYEEEEE!!

PS: :ph34r:

Howdy,
Finally ordered my GP32 BLU and I've been reading up for ages (over a year now), but I still have a few questions.

Also, which commercial and homebrew games support the RF-Link? Do any emulators support it?

What's the latest with GBA emulation, or where can I go to find out (I've tried but found nothing very helpful)?

Where can I read about the pros and cons of the different firmwares and launchers?

BYEEEEE!!

go to the front page, look to your left, specifically at the three letters, FAQ.

click them, any questions after you've read that, come back here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always a good idea to check the FAQ first, but...

1) Dr. MD by a mile right now. Best compatibility AND best sound. All it lacks is save states and Zip support. FGen32 is also excellent, but no sound in most games, and lower compatibility (although it has saves, zip and better UI). Soon there will be a definitive version of Dr MD.

2) Sorry, don't know.

3) It is still being worked on as a university project. Check the beta forums for the latest build (don't think there's been one for a couple of months though).

4) Mr. Mirko's clocktester. But all you really need to do is boot up an overclockable emulator (or Doom, GPQuake, etc) and see what speed it stops running at.

5) Right here! Do a search for firmware and read up.

don't read about firmware
just install slubman

i know fsms32 supports rf-link but it goes off sync some of the time
doesn't kof support rf-link
there are others

some games like phantasy star 4 also work in DrMD, but also in fGen32 WITH sound, because it does not take use of the z80.
it may be that drmd would be faster, but 1) IMO (!) the sound sounds a little bit better in fgen32 and more importantly 2) it has savestates, and you REALLY need them in a RPG ;)

don't read about firmware
just install slubman

i know fsms32 supports rf-link but it goes off sync some of the time
doesn't kof support rf-link
there are others

I had a problem with slubmans fw. when I flashed everything went well until I put a different card in and then turned it on it was stuck on a white screen and the went to the mp3 player but didn't work. so I put my other card in that i had flashed the firmware on and switched to mr.spiv's fw and the the other card worked. soo it' up to u. ;)

I wouldn't mess with changing the firmware. You have a BLU so the FW that comes with it is fine. You can make the system unuseable if the flash fails.

ThanX for eveyone's help (and yes, I have read the FAQ, maybe I missed a few things though).

I'm eagerly awaiting my BLU, hopefully it will be here within the next couple of days.

Regarding the firmware though, where can I find out what the latest euro firmware features are?

Also, I've been reading a lot and downloading loads of emulators, but loads of the emulators come with just the .fxe file and no documentation. Is there any kind of online database with the necessary information to get the emulators to work? Cuz I know you need certain directories to put ROM files, saves, screenshots (?), etc for each emulator.

ThanX again, BYEEEEEE!!

Howdy,

BYEEEEE!!

go to the front page, look to your left, specifically at the three letters, FAQ.

click them, any questions after you've read that, come back here.

"read the FAQ" should not always the first response given. He asked about MD emulators and that can change daily as they are updated etc. That info is often out of date in a FAQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back