A gamepark on ebay

Why fanny about on ebay when you can buy it from Craig, and besides he throws in his up-to-date CD of goodies

I got mine from gbax, and im glad I did. I would recommend you get it from there, rather than from ebay or lik-sang.com

I woulnt trust ebay on anything over £50. It's just not worth the risk.

I am also glad I got mine from GBAX, Cant complain at that price and excellent delivery times - although I didnt get a cd with mine :(

No bother though, everything's available on here anyway. :)

There is no reason not to get a GP32 or anything else from Lik Sang. I live in the U.S. and have ordered many times from them. Never had to pay anything extra and always get my order with regular shipping in about a week.

Ebay is different. Why pay full price on Ebay? Why is the person selling it? You never know.

It's only a quid at the moment so someone could end up with a bargain, there are 9 + days left though

MrT

PS - I'd still buy from Craig though ;)

www.gbax.com

Dosen't look like you can trust that alot, it says that it has faster processors, but never mentions the grapgics card, and also it practicially says that SNES is perfect. <_< I wouldn't buy it from there. Just get it from Craig :p

Lots of items on ebay tend to go for roughly the price they cost in shops, which is a little strange.

I have to take issue with this statement however:

"I woulnt trust ebay on anything over £50. It's just not worth the risk"

All ebay purchases are legally safeguarded. If you buy something and the seller doesn't send it to you, ebay will take out legal proceedings against the seller. All of the business on ebay is legally protected. I've been using it for three years now and I've not had one problem yet in over 150 transactions. When you make a comment like the one above it shows a complete lack of knowledge about the whole thing, and to a seasoned ebay seller that's really annoying. It's probably safer buying something from someone on ebay than it is buying from an online shop - both are people you don't know 99% of the time, so I don't see any difference. I've sold a NeoGeo AES system for £200 and a Digital Camera for £450 on ebay and both transactions have gone smoothly.

I've also bought several items for over £50 and I'm glad I did. I would have been hard pressed to locate them elsewhere, and probably would have paid more.

The feedback rating system on ebay is there for a reason - I suggest that people use it, and then maybe we can get around this silly prejudice some people seem to have about things they know nothing about.

Rant over. Sorry about that.

Well, I've been stung twice on ebay - and you know what Ebay did about it - NOTHING!

I had to fight for my own rights separate from ebay. Despite filling in the necessary forms and getting confirmation of receipt, EBAY just decided to forget my problems.

Now the first time I was stupid, the seller only had a 3 positive rating (yeah, great system that lets them get positive on low cost items and then fraud you for the more expensive ones). On this I lost £70. Despite contact with the police the seller had 'dissapeared' and my Money had gone forever.

Secondly, I was nearly 'robbed' of £200 for an XBOX from a guy in Northern Ireland. After a number of months (in which time the Police telling me they can do nothing becasue it's an auction), I finally sent my Irish cousins around to collect it. Luckily when faced with Human interaction, he was more than forthcoming.

Now, I have completed over 30 transactions on EBAY. So, I'm not just 'PREJUDICE' with 'A COMPLETE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE'.

Who are you to say that because you have completed over 150 deals on EBAY that it is completely safe? That is more prejudice than anything. Look at the facts of many, not just one.

Did you also know that in 2002, 87% of Internet Fraud was from Online Auction Sites?

Same as buying from a shop? No,no, no - totally different. Check this out some more please.

Sorry, this is not an attack on you, but when you insult me, call me 'prejudice' and exclaim that I have a 'complete lack of knowlege' - it's only fair I defend myself.

Looks like you've been unlucky too Kop....

I've only had problems once on eBay, and that was as a seller (non-paying bidder). I've got a feedback rating of 36, so have done plenty of stuff (both buying and selling) on ebay. The main trick is to avoid anyone selling high-cost items with a feedback rating of below about 8. Have a look at the other items and see ehat they went for and what they were. If there's just a load of low-cost things, and all of a sudden the person is selling a PC or something, then is the time to be a little suspicious.

There is also the escrow services to use...

For people who don't know, and escrow service provides a safeguard for both buyer and seller (for a small fee). The buyer pays the escrow service, who then let the seller know. The seller then sends the item. If the buyer is happy with the item then they tell the escrow service within a certain time frame. The escrow service then pay the seller. If the buyer is unhappy with the item, they send it back and the escrow service refund the money to them after the seller recieves the package back.

There's still room for abuse of the system, but it's much less likely.

Anyways... it's mostly about common sense.

Cheers, and I wish everyone well in their online sales/purchases....

Sorry to hear that you've had some bad experiences with ebay, but I think you'll find this kind of thing is pretty rare. Ebay run a fraud protection programme so you can claim (some) of the money back if you don't get your item, and because all sellers have to register with a Credit or Debit card, they can and should be traced if they rip you off. There really is no excuse for the police not to do anything. Obviously being ripped off a couple of times is going to dent your confidence in ebay and I'm sorry that I accused you of having no grounds for argument, but you have to accept that you were unlucky. Over the years it has been made harder and harder for people to con others on ebay.

When I said it was much like buying from a shop, I meant that legal safeguards are in place, just like trading standards when it comes to retail outlets.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but people have to realise that you can get ripped off by anyone, not just people who use ebay. 99% of the people who use ebay are honest people and you'll have no trouble with them. There's always a few that spoil it for everyone but that's true about almost all things in life. I suppose I took your statement a little personally because I sell more stuff on ebay than I buy, and I feel it reflects badly on me when people say you can't trust anyone who sells on the site. I'm angry that idiots out there rip people like yourself off, because the utopia of an worldwide online marketplace is something that appeals to me, and like I said before I've gotten hold of many things on ebay that I would otherwise be hard pressed to find. I suppose I don't like being tarred with the same brush as those idiots, but that's not your fault as you've been stung and have every right to be a little pissed.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I've recently bought a GP32 from ebay.

£100 got me a *MINT* boxed GP32 with a shrink-wrapped copy of Dungeon & Guarder, 2x rechargeable batts, 32mb SMC, & a USB SMC card reader.

This was shipped next day by Special Delivery with stacks of packaging/bubblewrap.

All in all, I think I had a cracking deal & am very very happy!!

Yeah, sorry for sounding like a ****. I was all for Ebay once. As you say, you can often rare items at great prices. You just have to be careful. Look at the feedback, make sure it's genuine stuff ie not 1000 keyrings and then a PC.

Ebay is a great tool, a great idea. Just a pity some users ruin it.

Back