A Message To Gp32x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kop_007

Istanbul Red
I hope this does not get deleted.

But, if it does stay I just want to put a warning to all.

It is not my intention to insult and slander GP32x like I have been on this site; it is simply to raise awareness of the unfair practices, heavy handedness of a certain mod and uncontrolled lies and abuse of a few members.

Now, I am a perfectly legitimate Ebayer, I have 100% positive feedback.

A thread was started entitled 'Rip-Odd Merchant on Ebay' - all because I CHOSE to start my auction at a high price. This is my right and should not indicate that I am a ‘Rip Off Merchant’ or as later put 'A robbin bastard'.

What did GP32x do about this? Nothing, I use the case of Drumaster vs GBAx as precedent. This was allowed to go on far too long, slandering (I use that because technically an Internet forum is considered speech) a man and a business. Not good practice for GP32s primary site.

Now, despite no warning, my auction was reported my 'EvilDragon' - a mod here at GP32x. He introduced the word WareZ into the fray, further blemishing my good name.

He believed that my auction was illegal because I had bundled some extra games with the GP32 BLU. Firstly, my auction did not mention any roms and due to an earlier incident and constant requests through ebay to sell just the roms, a notice was put up on the auction:

‘Email for details regarding above games’

Now, while I admit this may be a little vague, this is perfectly within the law. It may be along the line of the law, but it is within the law. Due to past experiences on ebay, I have found that this is essential.

Upon ebayers emailing me I would tell them situation about the shady area of ‘rom’ legality and make sure that they confirm to me that they own all original cartridges, thus passing the responsibility onto them. They tell me No? They only the freeware and homebrew Snes, Nes etc games would be included on the DVD…

ROMs are illegal unless you either a.) own the game/program you are 'backing up', or b.) the ROM has been made public domain.

Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle are legitimate and the movies are not copyrighted.

EvilDragon disliked the way I responded to being called a ‘robbin bastard’ and a ‘rip-off merchant’ and so decided to open his own brand of Vigilante justice and close my auction down. He claims the moral high ground, yet takes delight in ruining auctions. He made a ‘rash decision’ without looking at all the information and facts and has in turn tarnished this community. The original poster ‘Timeslip’ has constantly proven what type of person he is.

From the bitterness of user ‘Timeslip’ to the Power Crazed Rampage of ‘EvilDragon’, I feel sorry for most GP32 sellers out there, because only a quick search on ebay will see sellers offering the same type of deals without my legal checks. Why have these not been closed down by EvilDragon? Which brings it all back to the original point -- high price – the source of it all? I can charge what I want and don’t expect my auction to be taken down because of this.

You have tarnished my name and wasted my time, GP32x needs to stop threads like this happening in the future, reserve the ‘rip-off merchant’ tag for actually dishonest ebayers and control their mods accordingly before they carry the good name of the site down further.

I thank you for your time.

For fucks sake.

your a proper wanker mate, you know that.

evildragon did not get your auction closed, ebay did that. it was their responsibility to check your auction, obviously they disliked what they saw. do you think ebay would just close the auction on a whim after receiving an email?

they are not that flippant, i remember reading on somethingawful a while back about a guy who screwed over (with the help of the forum) a guy who was trying to rip him off, it took repeated efforts by the guy to get ebay to acknolegde the fraudster.

ebay was informed, they checked it out and closed it.

now get over it, why do you feel the need to write more of this crap.

since when did this place become a court of law, your using the precedent of gbax vs drumaster, get your out of your fucking arse.

the problem for you as far as i can see is that you dislike other people having opinions. timeslip is perfectly within his rights to voice criticism at what he sees as an overly inflated price. you coulda just kept your head down and let the auction finish. evildragon, within his capacity as a living human, has the right to report to ebay anything he sees as illegal, that he did, and now your crying over it.

grow up and let it go man, you'll give yourself a heartattack or something.

Seriously Spray, act with some grace and dignity, if this had happened to you, you would not be pleased.

i think is ee a nother drumaster and aquafish incedent here, look gp32x was not creatted to take sides and fight like little girls, cant we just let this one incedent go without a insult spewing match ensuing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gp32_console

I have to agree that it was totaly unnecessary to get your auction closed, without a complaint I doubt Ebay would have noticed and it's not like you were offering anything companies are still selling.

But there's nothing you can do about it now so but your auction back up and quit whinging.

Kop_007 posted on Jul 23 2004 at 09:29 AM said:
Seriously Spray, act with some grace and dignity, if this had happened to you, you would not be pleased.
your damn right, i wouldn't be happy.

but theres a number of things down the line that i would not have done.

lastly, i would realise i was in the wrong and let it be.

its just kinda pathetic to see you posting another thread to vent your anger, just quietly repost the gp32, get your money and be happy, all thats going to happen is your going to get strife. people have agreed it was a bit twatish of evildragon, but at the end of the day you were always in the wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough Spray. I see you speak a lot of sense.

It's just so frustrating, and now I've got this 'Timeslip' loser on my back still spreading lies. Will the internet ever be safe again?

Looks like I'll have to hire a Hitman to take him out, it will insure not only my freedom, but all of our freedom. :lol:

However, I still maintain, although along the line of the law, my auction was still inside the law, even if EvilDragon and ebay were to ignorant to see this.

Your auction is within the law but really quite shady and pathetic. I mean, you basically require people to blatantly lie about owning the original cartridges then send them the roms. That was the part that eBay took offense to, I'll bet.

We all know that nobody makes any money out of roms, but there is a difference between just talking about them, and selling them with a product. Injecting money into anything makes it all the more volatile. What you are doing could be seriously misunderstood - selling roms for cash. Nintendo et al. are much less sympathetic to people selling roms than people who just made a site and are giving them away. Thus eBay took it rather seriously.

As for Drumaster, I unfortunately missed much of it, but as soon as I could I moved the spam away and the disputes have pretty much stopped. It was as much due to Dru as it was to other people who harassed him in every thread he posted in, and I refuse to take sides. You must remember just because you think craig is an honest businessman doesn't mean it's true, and conversely just because Dru says some theory it doesn't mean it's true. But who am I to make the judgement? This is an open forum, and debate on such matters is allowed, nay, even encouraged. It was only the arguments that I was bothered by, and was perhaps a little slow to shut down. So I apologise with that. But similarly, we can not be expected to do anything about this issue.

Do you expect gp32x users to start e-mailing ebay in disgust? I don't think so...

Rico posted on Jul 23 2004 at 12:39 PM said:
Your auction is within the law but really quite shady and pathetic. I mean, you basically require people to blatantly lie about owning the original cartridges then send them the roms. That was the part that eBay took offense to, I'll bet.
Thankyou. I will leave it all here now. My next task is to get Timeslip to stop speading his lies.

Your auction was not within the law. To have roms legally on your computer, you must have actually dumped the rom from the cartridge you own.

Thats why its not simply alright (legally) to say "I own the cartridges so its alright to download".

Everybody has a different sense of morality though and running to the law (and Ebay was probably just very cautious about an unclear law) seems needless to me.

flowers.jpg

mattmagoo posted on Jul 23 2004 at 01:28 PM said:
Kop_007 posted on Jul 23 2004 at 11:29 AM said:
Further slanderous comments now appear in Timeslip's sig.
Rip Off Merchant on Ebay:
Daily Status:

'Timeslip' - Primary Target. Slanderous hobo.

'Evil Dragon' - Off my list but on probation.
???

All this influenced me to write an article for GPM on piracy.

Some people are getting the wrong end of the stick I feel. Ebay had every right to close the auction, as did GP32 to report it, but no-one's angry for the use of ROMs.

We all do it right?

Kop_007 posted on Jul 23 2004 at 01:35 PM said:
mattmagoo posted on Jul 23 2004 at 01:28 PM said:
Kop_007 posted on Jul 23 2004 at 11:29 AM said:
Further slanderous comments now appear in Timeslip's sig.
Rip Off Merchant on Ebay:
Daily Status:

'Timeslip' - Primary Target. Slanderous hobo.

'Evil Dragon' - Off my list but on probation.
???
obviously you aren't all there so i will explain in one simple word

HYPOCRITE

One who plays a part; especially, one who, for the purpose of winning approbation of favor, puts on a fair outside seeming; one who feigns to be other and better than he is; a false pretender to virtue or piety; one who simulates virtue or piety.

i dont know why i pasted the definition since u still won't understand what it means

We'll be reviewing the issue you presented for a course of action. For now just get your woes OFF the Marketplace board.

Suggestions Board - Complain about Mods here.

General Talk board - Complain about specific people here, to a degree. If there is too much flamage we'll have to close it, but at least you get your peace.

Sigh... I still don't know why this became such an issue.

I once got an auction closed at eBay. Not for warez, but because I sold a "modded" PS2 (which is essential for playing import games in Germany, not only usable for warez... I, for example, have about 50 original PS2 imports, but not a single copy...)

I thought "Damn, they are pretty picky."

And then? That's it. I never complained anywhere. Half an hour later, I had forgotten about this. I simply learned that they won't accept mod chips in auctions, so I never did it again.

Now, giving away roms thinking telling the buyer it's not legal to own them if he doesn't own the cartridge is still illegal.
The only two ways to make it legal is either to include the thousands of games as real cartridges or have a permission by all the companies you may include a DVD with their games.

Okay, I didn't write a warning because other guys were already telling him he is "practically selling warez". And to be honest, I don't think anything would've changed IF I would've warned him.. because he STILL hasn't learned he did that wrong - why should he had learned this with a single warning?

Well, about the "EvilDragon just wants to show his power"-stuff:

I said it once and I will say it again:
I joined the team as a mod and newsposter, because I want to help the community.
I always thought I'm doing a good job. I'm offering my free time to keep in contact with some companies and coders to bring you news.
I'm even paying for a server to get you file mirrors (some may have noticed, that my news posts mostly always include download links. These files are on my server, www.gp32x.de. There's nothing more).

But if someone thinks, I'm the wrong guy here: I have no problem going back to a normal user status or even leaving the board for a while.

I like this community, but I have a life besides it and surely won't die without it. I'd still miss it a while, though.

I hope this may be my last words about that. Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back