A "new" CRT TV set by LG !!!

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi,

Just found this :)

lg_retro_tv_crt_serie_1_famicom.jpg

More seriously though, do you know where I could buy a new CRT TV set nowadays ? Is it still possible ?

Bye, Magic Sam

Hi,

Just found this :)

lg_retro_tv_crt_serie_1_famicom.jpg

More seriously though, do you know where I could buy a new CRT TV set nowadays ? Is it still possible ?

Bye, Magic Sam

Looks neat, hopefully this will come to Europe, i am interesed in one.

I have a Snes with an Sd2snes, Snes games would looks so much better on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Golly. Finding CRT TVs is as easy as looking at the nearest swap-meet or yard-sale here in the states. They are so prolific that people are literally giving them away. I don't believe that you can buy them brand new anywhere here. My CRT that I use for my classic systems is still going strong, thank goodness. :D

Only if you were in the US, I'd gladly give you 3 of them.. Although I would want to keep my 36" CRT with Component (480p) and 2 SVGA (800x600) inputs. plus it weighs 300 pounds so not the easiest thing to move.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not aware of anyone selling "new".

Check out online auctions, pawn shops, that sort of thing.

I don't know of any high road retailers that sell CRT as new any more, not for a long time.

This LG actually looks pretty decent, in a retro way, I'd like one for the bedroom... I'd probably not fork out the asking price though, I bet it's a few quid because of its uniqueness.

Too bad about CRT, it seems to be a nice piece of technology, despite its age...

If my 10 years old CRT TV set stops working, I really don't know what to do :(

I currently have a Dreamcast, a Megadrive, a Wii and a Minimig plugged into that old beast, and I think some of these would not work very well on newer displays.

Do all new (LCD, LED, etc...) TV sets support VGA input ? If so, I could still use this for the DC and Minimig. With good cables the Wii should be fine, but I'm concerned about the Megadrive...

It's been my experience that consoles like PS2, Megadrive, NES, and other consoles from the CRT era look aweful on modern HD LCD/Plasma/etc displays. The upscaling looks extra shitty.

I play all my retro consoles on a little LCD, works ok for me but there's little upscale going on.

I'd like a CRT to get some lightgun action on, Vampire Hunter, Bonanza Bros, I'd love to play but believe the old lightguns are no good on modern screens

Really awesome tell I saw : only in Korea and 216 usd ! I mean like how mindlord and TrashyMG were saying about how people beg you to take them ... it's just the one you found was so much more ... beautiful , than the one that every Bobby Billy Mcbobbob has .

www.freecycle.org, people are giving away CRT's left right and centre. I got a two-peice leather sofa for nothing from freecycle, so can't recommend it enough.

Back