A Noobie Needs A Gp32 Standard Cable Please Help!!

i see the second one, i have read all the faq but im finding it difficult to load games etc etc onto the smc and be able to use them on the gp32,.. i so want this to work for me as i love emulators,.. and the games i have seen for gp32 look fantastic.. i also love the idea of making your own games...

<Sigh>... Now I'm never one to say 'Use the search function' but seriously, we went through all this about a week ago with spaceboygp32x.

You need freelauncher. If you don't have freelauncher already you have to use the 'cracked' version because not having a cable means you can't register the official version.

Look at the threads started by spaceboygp32x asking for help.

Then find the very recent thread where the 'cracked' version of freelauncher was posted.

J(ohn)

ok i have read everything please can someone just let me know how i can do this step by step please i feel like crying!!
i have a standard gp32 with the firmware i have a usb card reader a 128 smc card
i have no freelauncher or anything i have recovered my smc, i have searched everyboard i have emailed gp32 and every outlet you can think of for a cable i have even emailed some developers and have tried irc.. people just didnt bother to reply there.
i truly want my gp32 to work properly,.. i want my gp32 to use emulators and to develop games.. its not like im trying to do it for profit.

if i dont get any help im gonna have to return it.

Post your location and someone nearby may be able to lend you a USB cable.

EDIT: Just thought of something else... Maybe the previous owner flashed the firmware to a multifirmware. Try holding Select (or one of the other buttons) when you switch on. If you are *really* lucky you'll get a menu asking which firware to use.

J(ohn)

johncross85 posted on Feb 16 2005 at 10:52 AM said:
<Sigh>... Now I'm never one to say 'Use the search function' but seriously, we went through all this about a week ago with spaceboygp32x.
J(ohn)

yep was my unit (and im so embarrased) - I thought someone who already had a usb was gonna buy it - didnt think it would cause so many problems though - sorry guys! :D

anyway have spoken to tommymordecai and he got sorted! thanks to the member who helped out!

see im gonna buy a new unit any day now and was going to send the cable to tommy... oh well - all well that ends well...

hope i can help someone out in the future to make up for it!

Space :)

Last edited by a moderator:
gp32_console why didnt you just admit it in the first place,.. couldve saved so much time instead of searching and searching and searching *^* and my fiance screaming at me for spending so much time searching

s'ok though at least i get to play it now, it is a wonderful machine just some emulators are a bit poop i love the gpengine its amazing but drains batteries like mad, i love the ngpc but it seems a shame that the emulator is slow and no sound and where a re all the good gp32 games, most developed are ok but buggy, i would love for someone to make a proper capcom fighting game,.. any takers/developers ?????!!!

tommymordecai posted on Feb 23 2005 at 11:55 AM said:
gp32_console why didnt you just admit it in the first place,.. couldve saved so much time instead of searching and searching and searching *^* and my fiance screaming at me for spending so much time searching

s'ok though at least i get to play it now, it is a wonderful machine just some emulators are a bit poop i love the gpengine its amazing but drains batteries like mad, i love the ngpc but it seems a shame that the emulator is slow and no sound and where a re all the good gp32 games, most developed are ok but buggy, i would love for someone to make a proper capcom fighting game,.. any takers/developers ?????!!!

it was a little embarassing, i didnt think that the person buying would not know about GP32's (so the cable should not have been an issue) and then to come and find your posts on the help board :blink: i knew you would get sorted.

run drMD 1.0 at 156mhz - thats not a poop emulator!

sPaCe :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back