A Prompt For Picodrive Saves

Tweak

Still Fresh
What an outstanding emulator - Picodrive is the Sega Nomad as I wish it had been back when 16 bit hardware was still being built.

My one request in a future version of Picodrive: a chance to confirm the action before I overwrite an already saved game. More than once I've opened a rom and hit the left shoulder button intending to restore a save, and in that idiosecond, totally wiped out my hard-won progress in a game.

Would it be possible to add a "Really Save? L-Yes, R-No" dialog to the left shoulder button?

Better yet, could that dialog only be displayed if I'm about to overwrite an existing save? Maybe something like "Overwrite Saved Game? L-Yes, R-No". If there's no saved game, no prompt would appear.

Huge kudos for Picodrive. I've been in retro heaven since installing it on my GP2X.

Back to fighting Mortus' hordes in "Comix Zone"...

-Tweak

Is there a spot in the menu where you can switch which save slot you're saving to/loading from? I couldn't find one but maybe I'm overlooking something. There's an option to map a button to next and previous save slots.

How about you just disable the buttons and save through the menu? <_<

Sure! That works, too.

I kinda like the convenience of a quick save/quick restore with the shoulder buttons, though. As long as I don't fumble finger away my progress, that is. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Save prompts are now incorporated in PicoDrive 0.964. That was fast!

THANK YOU! :D

Back