A Question For Craigix Or Mweston

aphexpusher

Still Fresh
please oh please can there be a mic line in port? I was really hoping for one! regardless as to whether you have a mic installed there by defualt or not I would like the option to plug in my own mic. thanks guys!

Could make the Pandora a nice sound mixer as well. :D

But, I am sure space is a precious thing inside Pandora's tightly cramped box. Maybe that special A/V-in-out thing could do the trick.

whiskthecat said:
Could make the Pandora a nice sound mixer as well. :D

But, I am sure space is a precious thing inside Pandora's tightly cramped box. Maybe that special A/V-in-out thing could do the trick.
for mixing and sampling! hell yeah!! Im so freakin excited!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
aphexpusher said:
please oh please can there be a mic line in port? I was really hoping for one! regardless as to whether you have a mic installed there by defualt or not I would like the option to plug in my own mic. thanks guys!
There already is :)

Squidge said:
aphexpusher said:

where? I dont see one on the renders...

aphexpusher said:
Squidge said:
aphexpusher said:

that special A/V-in-out ;)

aphexpusher said:
Squidge said:
aphexpusher said:

I believe it's hidden within the A/V port.

Peter R said:
aphexpusher said:
Squidge said:
aphexpusher said:

I believe it's hidden within the A/V port.

if it is also in the av port then that kinda sucks... I mean its ok but I would likely have my grado sr60s hooked in while a have a mic pluged in too. so I can hear the sample played over and over again with decent quality headphones instead of with the stock speakers included with the unit....

Maybe there could be some sort adaptor to allow you to have both peripherals plugged in at the same time?

Peter R said:
Maybe there could be some sort adaptor to allow you to have both peripherals plugged in at the same time?
that would solve everything!

Lack of space means you can't have all the connections seperate. However, nobody said anything about a breakout lead having to be small :)

+1 for separate mic input from me!

If everything was slick dick rick we'd have both the AV port AND an additional, dual purpose 3.5mm jack that can be used for mic input OR headphones.

I've got SpiralSynthModular running on my Zaurus y'know! Pocket modular 'analogue' synths are really quite amazing!

danboid said:

If everything was slick dick rick we'd have both the AV port AND an additional, dual purpose 3.5mm jack that can be used for mic input OR headphones.

I've got SpiralSynthModular running on my Zaurus y'know! Pocket modular 'analogue' synths are really quite amazing!
The 3.5 is built into the AV port. As in, you could just plug in the headphones with no special plug, in that circular part. Works with the mic, too, is the impression I got.

I realise that, that is the way the jack works on the Zaurus but it would be a great boon to musicians and DJs to have to 2 sockets built is as standard so we can plug headphones and a mic in easily. Dongles bring me up in a rash :D

danboid said:

danboid said:
I realise that, that is the way the jack works on the Zaurus but it would be a great boon to musicians and DJs to have to 2 sockets built is as standard so we can plug headphones and a mic in easily. Dongles bring me up in a rash :D
THANK YOU SIR! and yes I forgot analogue lol. it would be great for musicians and the like to have two seperate plugs... a dongle would always be at risk for falling out and it makes everything stick out. not cool and clean for use during some serious jamming.

Peter R said:
Sure you can, headphones and mic at the same time shouldn't be a problem at all :)

However, I don't see many people using the mic input, but there shouldn't be a problem using a lead that just gives you two 3.5 sockets (headphones + mic) from the 3.5 a/v jack.

Also, I'd say the 'dongle' would be more secure than two seperate jacks due to the other connections holding it in.

as long as it works well for musicians and DJs then I see me loving the pandora like no other. would love to jam with friends using the pandora with a little mini amplifier. the psp has a few drum machines and limited synth capabilities through psp rhythm... but with this machine I see all kinds of possibilities especially since emulation by itself will bring over all kinds of awesome software.... im freaking exploding with excitment over this little monster!!!! ^^

EDIT: just please please when there is a dongle make it sturdy and able to firmly attach itself to the unit. no loose or hanging dongles please... im sure whatever you guys decide to do as far as a dongle it will work out well. keep us few musicians and DJs in mind ok?

Back