A question on shipping to Russia

Hoodoo

Hello Pandora community!

I know that at least three people managed to purchase openpandora in Russia. I would like to get myself one too.

The question is how do I pay for the shipment. I follow the link for worldwide delivery and get to the page with the device and accesories, put the box to my chart and proceed to checkout, but there is no option for delivering to Russia there.

I have a google checkout account (which by the way works fine now, I've seen some issues reported a year ago here, but I've bought some apps at market without any problems) with my address and such, but I just can't pay for the delivery nor calculate how much it would be.

I would like DHL/UPS/whatever delivery service which is more reliable than our goddamn mail.

What should I do?

P.S. selling GB/continental socket adaptors right on the same page would be neat. )

Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the community, Hoodoo!

I think you may be best off sending an e-mail to openpandorasales@gmail.com and explaining your situation. They have a bit of an e-mail backlog at the moment, but I'm sure they'll be able to sort something out for you.

I would like DHL/UPS/whatever delivery service which is more reliable than our goddamn mail.
Do you realy think russian mail is worst than any other country ? I'ld say Canada's post is not any better :D

P.S. selling GB/continental socket adaptors right on the same page would be neat. )
Craigx (the UK seller) have including these adaptor based on your contry so far for what I can tell, may be you'ld just need to make sure h will had the russian one for you ;)

For the rest our deity Prometheus have given you the right answer

Okay, forvarded the letter to openpandorasales at gmail, the one sent to sales at openpandora can be ignored now. )

Oh come on... I have the money and I am willing to pay in five minutes, I just want to know how much and where to, and I have written to all of emails available and made up a topic on official boards. Please please help me. (

The problem is this box is unique - the only compact device with normal linux setup and hardware qwerty keyboard and durable battery, and I really like the idea of community driven device design.

You told you actually need these 'premium' orders.

Please answer me, the email is roman/at/cloudcabin/dot/org

^ As I said in my response earlier in the thread, the team have a backlog on their e-mails at the moment. It is my understanding that you may have to wait a number of days to get a response at this time, unfortunately - I've seen some folks quote up to five, but I don't know if that's still accurate, as it may have changed since I read that.

I see, they are arranging meetings about the second batch, and I think it's their hobby project after all, but still. My budget planning skills are pretty poor and my preferable way of handling it is making a payment while I have money, so it's a big problem for me.

When the payment is processed, I can track the delivery process on my own, and I think I have enough experience with Linux to keep the device working and maybe writing a couple of howtos if they would worth writing. I would also write a relevant guide on purchasing the devicein Russia, because what seach returns so far seems a little bit outdated.

So this shipping thing seems to be the bottleneck here, hence the panic.

I heard that the postal system in Brazil was pretty bad?

I got Mine via DHL , had to pay them 356 reais in taxes,but no problem what so ever.

i bought mine straight from the OpenPandora.org site.

I´d recommend OP do the same. DHL is a great service.

In Soviet Russia, Pandora ships you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be posting one 'in Soviet Russia' joke every day until I get a response of some sort. %)

Or should I rather think about killing kittens? %)

Well the main problem with this project has always been not being able to satisfy demand, and right now it's as bad as ever because the board supplier is supplying nothing. So production is almost at halt, distributors have huge email backlogs, you can only wait for situation to hopefully improve.

Back