A Question :)

not yet, im afraid.

If I understood correctly, he wants to know if a certain event turn a friend to an enemy.

why couldn't you do this, all events leading up to the turn from ally to enemy would probably be text based, and if you wanted to have a battle why can't you use the same sprite from the ally to make an enemy sprite that would look identical?

I don't know, seems like it would be possible to me but don't remember much about gigas since I"M BOYCOTTING IT BECAUSE IT WILL NEVER BE FINISHED and its a shame.

I was going to suggest something similar... I have no experience with Gigas.. yet... but I have used many rpg makers and that seems to be a standard fix... make and evil version and a good version of the same character and just swap them out as needed

if pirotic was serious about finishing it, you think he would be starting on some massive project that he's doing, Monster pocket thing, or whatever it is is called. Obviously Gigas is not a priority, and its wasted potential, there would be so many more games for us to play if he'd take the time to finish it before moving on to the next big project.

How long has gigas been out? How many games do you know of?? I know of 1 or 2 and thats sad for how good this engine can be.

He said he was NOT going to start any project
until Gigas is up to version 1.0!

TNK B4U TYP

EDIT: I hate SMS style posting as much as anybody else,
I just felt a sudden urge.

Blah posted on Dec 3 2004 at 03:20 AM said:
He said he was NOT going to start any project
until Gigas is up to version 1.0!

TNK B4U TYP

hello? pirotic started guardian monsters already... you must have missed something...

erm... and writing forum posts in 'SMS-style' typing often makes you sound like an idiot to a lot of people... just a friendly piece of advice (like when you tell someone they have a fleck of spinach on their teeth, you know?) no offence intended.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like pAiN is expressing the frustrations that many of us potential GIGAS users feel, but don't dare type due to fear of pissing Pirotic off...

Pirotic *did* say he was pretty committed to GIGAS though, it's just he's had a new idea he's decided to run with for now... have some faith!

*dreams of a day when guardian monsters and GIGAS bloom and merge... imagines a troop of GP32 Pokemon remakers wetting their pants simultaneously... :p*

Agreed ToxicBunny, I have been doing a game for the last few weeks and have got a bit fed up due to the constraints from GIGAS. It is a Zelda type game by the way. I have altered the tile set from the web site and as soon as i have sorted my e-mail will forward it on with some characters we have done. :(

Pirotic is the coder, he has the decision whether he finishes it or not.

He doesn't have to stick to his promises if he dosn't choose to do so.

However I'm not saying he wont finish it, because i think he will, since he has already started to talk about ps2 ports and such after he has finished.

He's obviously put a lot of effort into gigas and into making us happy, so I dodnt think he'll let his efforts go to waste.

i was jus wondering if you could say find a new weapon on the ground pick it up and then equip it to your person and it would make a difference to there strength? thanx

Hiya peeps!

relax, all my projects eventually get finished - but i think a lot of people forget im the only chap working on the project (in comparison to a Squaresoft 300 man development team), an RPG maker is a stupidly huge thing to develop by yourself and takes up a great deal of time.

I can understand peoples frustrations that some simple features are not incorporated yet, and yes - some of things things probably would only take me an hour or so to implement.

However, if you read thru all the theads - and add up all these minor features people are asking for, the hours soon add up and you're looking at a good few months of solid work to get it all incorporated.

At the moment im taking a break from Gigas by coding some other bits and bobs, im teaching myself some new skills and tackling some stuff i've always wanted to code but never had the time to learn how. such as trojectorys, AI path finding, multiple window applications, etc etc. most of these things i can bring back and incorporate into gigas.

so yes, i am coding other projects - but i can use some of that code in Gigas, the GM's path finding code will be used for the Gigas AI, another projects trojectory code can be ported straight over to allow projectile weapons and movement in any direction (rather than just the 8 axis), so if somebodys following you he can find you quicker, as he can walk straight towards you rather than having to go either up/down/left or right.

I also wrote a new core game engine for one of my other projects about a week ago, which is actually a great deal faster than the on i had in gigas - it also allowed for multiple windows to show different sections of the game world at once (and for each one to be zoomed in and out), which would make editing great as you could have tons of cameras all over the map and zoom in and out to get a better view.

i really dont rush things, but if you dont mind waiting you'll end up with a better version of Gigas, and a couple of free and (hopefully) fun homebrew games which you may end up enjoying more than Gigas anyway once you see them.

Anyway, you can make a game with gigas in its current state, nothing to fancy but you could do something like Zelda with switch puzzles and combat and some cutscenes to help the story along.

Back