A subforum for the wiki?

The files do not render normally. I'm guessing it's some type of pdf viewer exploit or embedded links to trick search engines. Whatever it is, it needs to be deleted.

If not done yet, get a wiki account and revert his changes.
The problem is that the pandora wiki seems to be missing diligent moderators who can ban users+IP and delete the (annoying) content. Users can revert pages, but we can't delete all that uploaded junk.

(Ideally we should also have a task force to hunt down the spammers and apply electricity to specific parts of spammer bodies).

What about ipb-mediawiki integration?

Would be easier to manage the community and everyone on the forum would instantly have an account on the wiki.

Also adding wiki-mods should be easier.

I'll delete the pdfs if someone makes me a moderator on the wiki.

ED is the admin of the wiki, so the question should be asked to him. Only admins/mods can delete files, unfortunately, or that spam would've been deleted long ago. Still, it doesn't seem to be a big problem to me right now. You only see it if you look at the "recent changes" history.

But if we're nominating people for wiki mods, it should be those who already have a good track record of sound judgment and making the wiki a better experience. Cheese has contributed to many areas and has done some very helpful Mediawiki coding as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't get the feeling after Neko's post that there would suddenly be a flood of self-nominations. :rolleyes:

I think the wiki works just fine without any extra moderators right now, with the only exception being that every once in a while some spammer signs up and uploads some files that can't be deleted (but you can't see them anywhere except in "Recent changes" anyway). ED could take care of it easily if he weren't so busy already.

The second wiki admin is Chip. It seems like he's actually logged in recently, so maybe I'll post a notice on his talk page and alert him. That would probably be the quickest solution to this.

EDIT: And done.

EDIT2: Oops, I just realized that Chip last logged in a YEAR ago, not yesterday. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
But if we're nominating people for wiki mods...
you would do an awesome mod for the wiki ;)

I agree, you would be fine moderator or admin. I have much less free time to dedicated to the Wiki now, so I'm not sure I'd be the best candidate. In fact, if it weren't for a bunch coincidences today leaving me stuck at home, I probably wouldn't have even noticed this thread.

Now I understand why I couldn't delete them! I didn't know I needed to be a mod! I was making some adjustments after a comment in another thread about needing help on the wiki. I have time on my hands atm so I helped out some.

You might not be able to delete them, but you should be able to replace them with blank images/pdf files. Going through each one and doing that sounds like it'd be a bit tedious though.

I have taken to making changes with the note: "Mod: This needs to be deleted!". Other than that I don't know what to do.
Some time ago I marked several pages with [Category:Spam]. They eventually got deleted.

Back