a top 10 programs list

benthai98

Still Fresh
Gday,

I'm currently waiting for my gp32 and, I must admit, I am feeling a little lost as to what's what when it comes to emulators and software etc.

I waswondering if we could set up a thread, and maybe have it in the 'pinned' section, where people could recommend emulators and programs that they would consider as 'must haves' for every gp32 owner.

Might also be nice to list a few game names that readers like with particular emulators etc as well.

Just a thought anyhow. :)

Ben

There is quite a good section in the FAQ' of this very site.... although it does need updating a bit.
If you want to play video at all, get gpCinema. Other than that, i would describe the ports of Doom and Rise of the Triads as essential.
Among the best emulators are Castaway (brilliant Atari St emu) and GpEngine (PC engine). Also FGB (GameBoy), Little John and NesterGp (both NES) all work well. Alot is said about the poor quality of SNES emulation, but i still think it is worth having Snes9x if only for the RPG's.
These programs are some of the best and most popular around, but i would recommend trying most things out yourself.... try the downloads site on this site and experiment around with all the programs/emulators.....
Good luck. :)

ps:- there have been various lists in the past about the best games for emulators. Best bet would be to search the forums or visit these lists at Gp32 spain....lists (click top 100 games on the left hand menu)

My most commonly used stuff? In no particular order (and probably forgetting at least one thing that I use constantly!)...

LittleJohnGP
CastawayGP
GenEmu (166Mhz version)
Windups (via multifirmware)
fGB
GPDoom
GPEngine
Snes9x/SnesEmu
Speccial K
GPCinema

and loads, loads more....

:D