A Touch Screen ?

By what I've managed to find out so far, the touchscreen is NOT MULTITOUCH. So it's not going to be like the iphone's(which is very good tough-sensitivity-wise). However I do own a Nokia tablet (with a touchscreen similar to the one Pandora will have) and I use a stylus usually for web browsing, zenmap,Debian Chroot, Abiword, etc etc... and it works totally fine that way on the 800:480 screen resolution. However it's not so good when using your fingers so the on-screen finger keyboard is crap to use.But it's fine lets say to use the A and B buttos in the touch screen while playing VGBA and it's quite ok when using the touchscreen for aiming in 3D FPS (like Duke Nukem, Doom, Quake 2).

In summary Pandora's touch screen is not going to be as good as the iPhones, so no multitouch, but it is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE since the Pandora has doesn't need an on-screen keyboard or on-screen gaming buttons.

It'll be better than the iPhone screen in some ways
1) Higher resolution (the touch part of the screen has higher res. than 800x480, while capacitive screens for now actually have lower resolution than the display).
2) The Pandora screen will work with anything, not just fingers and specially-made styli. Capacitive screens won't work with gloves or other inert materials.
EDIT: 3) And it's pressure sensitive as well (16 levels is what I've heard)! Thanks to the poster below for reminding me. :D

Back