AAAARGH!!!

Omizzay

Still Fresh
I don't wanna piss anyone off really, and I know that there are loads of similar topics, but can someone help me anyway. I have looked at and followed many guides on how to encode with virtual dub, but the best i can get a 700mb divx avi is to around 220mb.

Does anyone have any tips on how to cut the size down even further?

Please don't say look at the guides, coz I have.

Thanks.

put up the quantisizers (sp?) also increase the maximum keyframe interval and bring down the bitrate. you cant take a film down to 70 mb like that. if your lucky you can actually make out the images :)

2 questions: what film and how long?

the size depends on the settings AND the movie ..say I encoded a dvd-r version of matrix reloaded. first time i did it was something like 300 MB :/ (because of all the action scenes (i had low quantizers and a low key-frame interval) and the 2 hour length). so if its a long movie with a lot of action scenes then i suggest you use 320x176 (with cropping if needed) and make the quantizers pretty high for it to be >=120 MB

I'm using the most recent version of virtual dub, and followed the guide at gp32emu.com faqs page as well as the 2pass version.

Oh well, I guess it's just a matter of playing around with some of the settings then. Will keep trying.

Well i put the idea forward about a month ago about having an area on the web site where ppl could download presets for VDub. i.e an ideal setting for action movies or an ideal setting for drama or cartoons, etc. No one answered or even thought it was a good idea, but i still recon it would stop quite a few posts about problems using movie park. I have a couple of good settings i can mail to ppl who are having porblems. If you dont get it sorted PM me and ill mail u the details.

Back