Divx 4.12

Ganepark32

Suit Up!
Website
Visit site
This topics probably already been done but i couldn't find it. Anyway i downloaded Virtual Dub 1.5.10 and i've got my .avi files ready to convert. But when i was reading the FAQ on gp32emu it said i needed DivX 4.12 so i downloaded it. But when i go to choose the compression, DivX 4.12 isn't in the list and i tried to install it but it just creates 2 files that don't do anything. Could anyone help me with this?
thanks in advance.

Well i have DivX 5.05 so should i uninstall that?
edit: i uninstalled divx on my pc but when i click on DivX4.12 to install it, i doesn't come up with an install wizard window or anything and now i have no DivX on my pc.

Ganepark32 posted on Aug 18 2004 at 01:19 PM said:
Well i have DivX 5.05 so should i uninstall that?
edit: i uninstalled divx on my pc but when i click on DivX4.12 to install it, i doesn't come up with an install wizard window or anything and now i have no DivX on my pc.
You can use divx > 5.x to encode your gp32 movies.

Go to divx options, and select PDA encoding, and then disable B-Frames.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ganepark32 posted on Aug 18 2004 at 12:47 PM said:
i tried to install it but it just creates 2 files that don't do anything.

you mean "you tried to decompress it" ? ;-)

which files do you get?? which is the name of the original file?

Aiken

mr.mirko posted on Aug 18 2004 at 03:30 PM said:

That's nice. A XviD 1.0 workaround would be great too. B)
I didn't know about that B-frame issue, I'll dig into that for XviD.

mr.mirko posted on Aug 18 2004 at 01:30 PM said:

mr.mirko - this is great news
It's never nice to be stuck with a particular version i.e. Divx 4.12.

If only some of those who insist that you can only use a certain codec version would spend some time investigating other options instead of jumping to post their "know-all" comments.

reeced this is the first time i've encoded for GPcinema and im using the FAQ on GP32emu.com so i think it would be good if u kept your opinions to yourself.

Ganepark32 posted on Aug 19 2004 at 07:13 AM said:
reeced this is the first time i've encoded for GPcinema and im using the FAQ on GP32emu.com so i think it would be good if u kept your opinions to yourself.
Ganepark32 - You have totally misundestood my comments.
They were not addressed to you, but to those who respond to questions like yours with gospel-like statements about what you can or cannot do.

Anyway, as for your suggestion, I never keep my opinions to myself - that's the whole point of posting on these boards

Back