About Mp3

doreamon2000

Still Fresh
Ok I admit that the gp32 has a very good sound quality when it comes to mp3.I have a gba with the movie player add on but the sound sucks!The problem is that the smart media card dont have enough capacity though and it seems that i can store around 15 songs which is not enough when my sd card for my gba is 2G!Is there a way to store more songs in the gp32?Is it possible to make the mp3 files smaller in size?Thanx Michael

Use an OGG player...

Convert the Mp3's to OGG's using dBPowerAMP (and the required ogg codec on the site).

a 2gb(bit) gba flashcart is just 256mb(byte) big. and 15 songs seem way to few, encode them at a lower quality... dbpoweramp is great for that

you should be able to get at LEAST 30 songs on a 128mb card

but ya, use OGG there about 2x smaller

Ok I admit that the gp32 has a very good sound quality when it comes to mp3.I have a gba with the movie player add on but the sound sucks!The problem is that the smart media card dont have enough capacity though and it seems that i can store around 15 songs which is not enough when my sd card for my gba is 2G!Is there a way to store more songs in the gp32?Is it possible to make the mp3 files smaller in size?Thanx Michael
you have a very special gba then...1 with sd cards lol
anyways just encode them to ogg and use the almighty "SVorbis" to play them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
another very good + free ripper/encoder is CDEX ... it does OGG of all different quality.

i agree with everyone here... OGG sounds much better than mp3 at low bitrates. and i run a lobitrate netlabel :) ... mp3death ... it is one of several such labels, also be sure to check out 20kbps

aside from that: there is a LOT of amazing music in module format to be leeched ... that scene is huge and there are a lot of composers with amazing skills doing small chip tunes. VORC is a great resource for keeping up to date on that stuff:

http://www.vorc.org/en/

use .wma!

btw does anyone know if there is a mp3 player with a equaliser setting?

sPaCe :ph34r:

you have a very special gba then...1 with sd cards lol
anyways just encode them to ogg and use the almighty "SVorbis" to play them :)
He´s using a Movieplayer. you plug it into the cartridge slot and it supports CF cards, no SD.

Back