About Speccyal'k Future...

FX23 posted on Jul 1 2004 at 08:59 PM said:
whats wrong with taps?
Nothing as such, but TZX is the standard in spectrum emulation these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
New code should work for about 90-95% of the .TAP files. This is the success rate I have witnessed myself when testing the emu.

wicked mate.. give us an idea when its due im up for this update big time

I have no date for an update but it ould be quickly done ! It's just a matter of copying/pasting code and recompiling it (well, a little more than that ;) ). I don't want to announce any release date but maybe in 2-3 weeks ?

Should TZX be more reliable for loading than TAP?

No, however like Vanamonde told it, TZX is a standard and most speccy programs exist in that format that's why it's rather useful to support it. But really, most speccy apps can already be found in .sna, .z80 or (more probably) .tap format.

Thx for a great emulator..been playing Action Force 2 today..nice!

Thanks ;)

_tyrell_

i got two z80 files to work - travel with trashman and strangeloop - thet look great on the gp32 but what are the gp32 controls assigned to?????? :huh:

If you are using speccyal'k then hold down both shoulder buttons and you will get a blue screen.

You can choose a sinclair joystick or manually assign the keys from here.

Yesterday I added enhanced .tap support and autoloading (and added Antiriad's lovely icon) ;)
Next week I'll continue to upgrade it (intro screen, lovelly graphics in the options screen, line by line border, ...). The aim is to bring this version to the "quality" level of the DC version.

_tyrell_

Hoorey! A small thing that niggles me is that the loading menu can still be seen in the background after a game is loaded unless you load the keyboard and go back to the game. Would be awesome if it was all black all the time.

And thank _tyrell_, this is always on the smc :).

A small thing that niggles me is that the loading menu can still be seen in the background after a game is loaded unless you load the keyboard and go back to the game. Would be awesome if it was all black all the time.

You have probably turned the "border emulation" option to off. Turn it to "on" (on must be in white color, not green) and this problem will disappear.

_tyrell_

ps: I'll see this evening if I can easily add chatboard support.

_tyrell_ posted on Jul 12 2004 at 06:49 AM said:
A small thing that niggles me is that the loading menu can still be seen in the background after a game is loaded unless you load the keyboard and go back to the game. Would be awesome if it was all black all the time.

You have probably turned the "border emulation" option to off. Turn it to "on" (on must be in white color, not green) and this problem will disappear.

_tyrell_

ps: I'll see this evening if I can easily add chatboard support.
thing is border emulation always defaults to OFF, can it be forced on? even better would be the ability to save the config so it loads up how you left it......

Last edited by a moderator:
Back