About The Usb (The Mini One) With Open2X

darionapole

well i just remebered the idea that i saw on the pandora forum about using the pandora USB OTG port to emulate a CDVD-ROM drive or a hard drive.
i thought that if anyone made the kernel module, it could be easily ported to or from the pandora, or even work together to have both the GP2X FX00 and the pandora to have this function. (maybe wiz too)
What do you think about the idea senor quack?

PS: btw, just out of curiosity, how is open2x going? anything new, bugs or somthing? :D

That port can be used to emulate a lot of things. I have MIDI and Audio device (i.e. the Pandora shows up as a few MIDI ports and a new sound card on your PC..) in mind, I'm absolutely sure that if the usb gadget-fs driver is ported, it will work.

Also, though, keep in mind that it can be a network share just as easily.

laharl said:
PS: btw, just out of curiosity, how is open2x going? anything new, bugs or somthing? :D

I'm curious about this too.

Also, http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51475-anyone-else-have-a-sound-problem-after-using-greader2x .

From the few days of using Open2x, I see some room for improvement, though nothing earth shattering.

Last edited by a moderator:
laharl said:
well i just remebered the idea that i saw on the pandora forum about using the pandora USB OTG port to emulate a CDVD-ROM drive or a hard drive.
i thought that if anyone made the kernel module, it could be easily ported to or from the pandora, or even work together to have both the GP2X FX00 and the pandora to have this function. (maybe wiz too)
What do you think about the idea senor quack?

I'm not sure about what you're suggesting to me.. maybe if you explain it in another way?

About the news surrounding Open2X: I recently seem to have fixed SDHC incompatibility bugs, maybe all of them, thanks to some help from PulkoMandy's logs. I will have test F100 and F200 kernels in a day or two maybe that you can try out.. Send me a PM if you want me to send you a link later on.

I might also revisit some other bugs I have on my plate.

Last edited by a moderator:
better explanation ;)

GP2X >>> ISO or RAW image >>>> USB >>>>> Emulate CD-Rom Drive >>>>> PC (detects it as a USB CD-Rom drive with a CD inside (the image you selected))
same >>> Dump of a HDD (sda,sda full dump including mbr and all) >>> USB >>> emulate hard disk >>>> PC (detects it as a hard disk, )

the same as the g_storage_something module that uses /dev/mmcsd/disc0/part0 to send it throught the usb as a pendrive. now that i think about this, this doesn't work in open2X talking about bugs

the idea is to put a iso images/raw dump from hdd or wahtever on the SD card (better now that you say that sdhc support is universal), and throught the usb otg (the one on the right), emulate a usb device, like a cd-rom, a hard disk drive, pendrive, floppy, keyboard/mouse (this one for the pandora, but don't know if this is posible), i don't know how much control do you have on what you send throught the usb. but if you have full control, you could emulate about anything, even emulate the missing network controler in the F200's if it doesn't use to much cpu.

about the kernel, i'll send you a pm but i think i will have to buy some new batteries as i have to heat them to about 40°C (short circuit FTW ^.^) to be able to boot my gp2x.

EDIT: just a little question, that bug about the audio blocking/crashing most of the times you change the cpu speed.... is it fixeable or it's hardware related? I saw a lot of programs suffering from this but surprisingly this doesn't happen to me when using picoDrive (never ever happened to me :D ), maybe notaz has some tricks under the sleeve

Back