Absolute Gp32 Video N008 Has Some Q's

DaveC

Internal Development
I have never used any of these video players yet.

Which has better video quality GPcinema or Movie Park?

What is the absolute highest framerate you can get out of one of these WITHOUT audio?

I want to convert a computer animation to be viewed on the GP32 and it has no sound but I wan't the best quality. What format to use? do you convert to AVI?

Is there a way a non dev lamer like me can do it? I saw some other posts on this site about GPcinema that looked like intense programming stuff.

You're lucky, I just made a little downloads section at gp32 theatre. That will be a good start. GPCinema has higher quality, by far. Pretty much nobody uses it these days. I'm not sure what the highest framerate you can get is (though I heard someone mention they got it to 25fps) but the lcd blends the frames very nicely. Even then, you cannot have no audio, GPCinema is too picky for that. Instead, I'd have the lowest settings possible. (conversion set at 44,100hz, compression set at MP3: lowest kbps at 11025hz) As for the format, it's avi with some compression settings (XviD codec) and a 320*240 (if it's widescreen, use a lower multiple of 16) resolution. Trust me, it's not that hard. For now, try applying the .cfg I put on GP32 theatre.

spongebue

Which has better video quality GPcinema or Movie Park?
GPcinema

What is the absolute highest framerate you can get out of one of these WITHOUT audio?
Totally depends on the quality on your video. GPcinema doesn't allow no sound track at all, you'll need at least a silent track at a low bitrate.

I want to convert a computer animation to be viewed on the GP32 and it has no sound but I wan't the best quality. What format to use? do you convert to AVI?
Yes, find a program that will let you save the seperate frames of the animation, then (if the frames are named in number order) you can open this in virtualdub. You will need to add a silent audio track to it though for it to work. Then you can encode the video according to one of the many tutorials.

Is there a way a non dev lamer like me can do it? I saw some other posts on this site about GPcinema that looked like intense programming stuff.
No intense programming at all. Search around, there are step by step guides. Someone will most likely post some but I've lost my bookmarks <_<.

Back