• Maybe as an SDIO card or USB dongle sold seperately

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way... I'd rather have a dvorak keyboard ^^

• I don't care. Just wanna see the result

• Total voters

fusion_power said:
Would be funny if there is a program that quickly indicates, when the Pandora is falling down. If the accelerometer detects it and the unit is on, ther could be a sound like "aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!" :lol:
Or, it could say "Don't Panic!" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
javaJake said:
fusion_power said:
Would be funny if there is a program that quickly indicates, when the Pandora is falling down. If the accelerometer detects it and the unit is on, ther could be a sound like "aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!" :lol:
Or, it could say "Don't Panic!" :D

Or, if you had one of those kewl modded cases: "I say, old chap, about that 'Don't Panic!' print on my cover, this would be a good moment to disregard that advice."

Actually, come to think of it, it would more likely go like this: "I say, ol"--SPLAT!

Reality so blows WRT Victorian politeness. B)

Chip said:
Here you go. The USB Tiltstick should be just fine for anybody who simply can't live without an accelerometer.

I saw that on Engadget earlier today and thought of this post. Now I wonder if they have a USB dongle that will convert a standard hinge into swiveling one. :)

fusion_power said:
I kind of like that idea but I'm scared it'll make people hurt their Pandoras just so they can try out this awesome feature. :(

OrR said:
fusion_power said:
I kind of like that idea but I'm scared it'll make people hurt their Pandoras just so they can try out this awesome feature. :(

Just drop on a pillow ;)

Now that we can see a prototype PCB we can have the accelerometer attached through the expansion pins and placed internally. I don't know what to vote for.

This could be quite interesting since from changing screen orientation to changing songs shacking it like done in certain mobile phones. The possibilities on games are quite interesting too.

It's this being considered to being added? I did seen about accelerometers and they seems cheap.

timofonic said:
It's this being considered to being added? I did seen about accelerometers and they seems cheap.

Did you even read the rest of the thread?

MWeston said:
I don't see it being an included feature. Adding every little feature is just going to keep increasing the cost.

On the plus side, the internal expansion header can support this Freescale part's interface (I2C) and there is room on the left side under the battery for that little evaluation module to mount without any problems for those who wish to experiment with it.

And adding it optionally will mean that will suffer the eyetoy syndrome, that means too few used by homebrew.

Well, the DS Motion has been surprisingly successful: http://ndsmotion.com/
It needs to be easy for people to add this for it to be successful. --> Easy instructions, kit available at the Pandora retailers, modding service widely available, premodded units available. Depending on popularity it might even be possible to add it to the standard hardware at a later date.

Back