Access Android Through GUI Menu

SpykeXD

Still Fresh
I just installed Android on my Pandora, and I'd like to be able to switch to Android through the GUI menu (the one that pops up when you select "Switch GUI") because it would be very convenient if right after startup I want to go directly into Android. Is this possible? If so, what do I have to do to do it?

Uhm... why?

The Pandora doesn't really show it's strenght when running Android.

But if you really want to do that, you could also add pnd_run /path/to/Android.pnd to the xfce autostart.

But I dont think he's looking to Auto-run Android. I think he's trying to just add a link to it in the Switch GUI menu

I think he's trying to just add a link to it in the Switch GUI menu

But Android is not a GUI. It's a whole different system. It wouldn't make sense to put it there
he/she wasnt asking if it was a good idea, but how it could be done.

the switch gui "interface" is just a zenity script (something like op_gui_switch.sh). prolly sitting in /usr/pandora/scripts or some similar location (have no pandora right now, will look it up later if necessary).
use your editor of choice and add the android menu entry and the already suggested pnd_run call to that file.

/usr/pandora/scripts/op_switchgui.sh

actually reads

/etc/pandora/conf/gui.conf

so all you need to do is to add android to the latter.

I'm trying to edit the gui.conf file but it won't let me make any changes to it. What am I doing wrong?

Nevermind, nothing I tried worked and now that I think about it I won't really be using Android on Pandora for some time now. Thanks for the help anyways though.

Back