Actually, Ds Does Get A Redesign

I have an ipod already for music, and a T-Mobile Sidekick for mobile web.. If i didnt already have these things i might have kept the PSP, but unfortunatly i didnt use any of its functions.. If i didnt have these devices already i *might* have kept it, but not likely. Also of note is that i switched UMD drives in 2 psps, and they really are built like shit. Talk about fragile.

Reesy said on "emuboards.com' that he would make a genesis emu if only the ds looks better, someone should show him the new design.

Note: that is what he said, I did not make it up :p

Last edited by a moderator:
He's entitled to feel that way, though the obviousl question is "what is better looking to you?" Personally I have to agre that the original DS is quite clunky, it's fin for what it does but it looks like a laptop more than it does a pocket game system, it's like it's saying "I demand to be put on a table or I'm not going anywhere". Look at nintendo's old classic dual LCD screened game&watch.

http://www.retrogames.co.uk/stock/html/game___watch.html

They have a beutifully simple compact symetrical shape pleasing to the pocket. Granted the clasps on these were fragile as hell but it's obvious that hinge technology has improved in such a way as to make then virtually unnecessary today.

i don't use my psp

where the hell are the games at?

according to nforce nothing has been dumped in an age

more or less all the new games wont work with any loaders, so people arent dumping/downloading/seeding etc, its not like theres anything worth playing anyway, irrelevant of wether id have to buy it or download it, 3 people i know bought psp's on the basis that you could play games from the ms, now you cant play the games they dont use their machines and moan about how crap the psp is.

I must be some sort of anomaly since I got tired of the PSP homebrew scene and just said "to hell with it" and updated. I have 7 games for my PSP and still havent gotten tired of them, Recently bought Tokobot and find it a nice time waster, PIQ just came out to very little fan fair which is understandable since it's no action game but Armored core was reprogramed to actually LET you control your robot so it has in effect remedied what people said they didn't like about it to become an action game yet I dont think anyone has bought it.

When I see people playing it on the train they're usually playing either NBA or NFL (sports gamers will aparently buy multiple copies of any sports game so it's not like having a PS2 version would matter to them). A couple of times I saw Wipeout, Lumines and currently if I do play on the trian myself it's GTA which after about 8 hours of play time I've just finally gotten to the second island. So I really gotta ask what people are talking about when they say there are no games, even when you subtract the ports there are still about a dozen games people could play and many of them with lots of replay value. people complain about the lack of games but where are you going to play them all if you get the glut that you get on the PS2? at home? that's what the PS2 is for! are you going to drag 12 games around with you at all times? I really dont see the problem unless you're comparing the size of your library to the GBA/DS guy sitting next to you which includes about5 differnt Yugioh/pokemon/megaman battle network games released in a single year.

Back on topic...Nintendo DS lite is going to put smiles on many faces, because finally and I mean, FINALLY, people aren't going to be embarrassed to take their Nintendo portable systems out into the public. :D

Thinking about it I wouldnt so much say embarassed as I would say they're simply less intersted in lugging it about. The few times I've seen people with DSs in public they seem concered about it being broken due to the hinged extra screen sticking out or loosing the stylus. They hold it much closer than they would a GBA SP due to it's sheer mass (a fast movment will due a lot more damage to it than the GBA).

The new design carries less mass and thus less chance of snapping the hinge like a friend of mine did to his (still plays but the screen wont stay in one position.).

Thinking about it I wouldnt so much say embarassed as I would say they're simply less intersted in lugging it about. The few times I've seen people with DSs in public they seem concered about it being broken due to the hinged extra screen sticking out or loosing the stylus. They hold it much closer than they would a GBA SP due to it's sheer mass (a fast movment will due a lot more damage to it than the GBA).

The new design carries less mass and thus less chance of snapping the hinge like a friend of mine did to his (still plays but the screen wont stay in one position.).

A friend of mine was making a film and it contained a scene he was flip-opening DS. He dropped DS more than a dozen times trying that hand trick standing. The DS was dropped 6 feet on asphalt street with no protection, since he didn't care. At the end of the filming he was happy with the result and he was playing his DS game on it. The DS was working perfect, and suffered only a few scratches, no hinge problems. Try that with PSP.

Back on topic...Nintendo DS lite is going to put smiles on many faces, because finally and I mean, FINALLY, people aren't going to be embarrassed to take their Nintendo portable systems out into the public. :D

I never carry my DS out into public because, it is just too big for my pockets. I carry my GB sp with new brighter screen because it fits. ;)

Yes, for me it's a comfort issue. I don't take any of my handhelds out except my micro and sometimes my SP because the others are just too large to carry around.

Plus I'm very protective of my consoles. :ph34r:

I take my ds with me just about everywhere i go but i dont have it in a pocket in my jacket cause its too big so i keep it in my skool bag during and after skool so it gets a hell of a lot of bashing about but still hardly any scratches or marks on the actual unit. For me, the DS lite will mean ill be able to carry it about in my pocket and not worry about it getting bashed in my bag.

p.s. i take my ds out in public occasionally but because of the size it is when someone with a psp sits beside me, its normally straight back in the bag unless in playing something interesting....like Ouendan!

A friend of mine was making a film and it contained a scene he was flip-opening DS. He dropped DS more than a dozen times trying that hand trick standing. The DS was dropped 6 feet on asphalt street with no protection, since he didn't care. At the end of the filming he was happy with the result and he was playing his DS game on it. The DS was working perfect, and suffered only a few scratches, no hinge problems. Try that with PSP.

While I'll be the first to admit many of Nintendos systems are far more durable I stil have to say your friend is a brave brave man to try that with a DS. I'd have to see this video to know whether or not what he's doing is any more risky than what I've experienced though, as I've been sitting here playing Mario kart and every so often getting angry at the result of a race or mission outcome and jerking the DS as I would a controller or even the PSP and the way the top screen handles this motion scares me that I WILL break it or atleast eventally losen the hinge. I can safely say the damage my friend's DS took (and even some cellphones i've seen) puts me more on the side of caution.

The more moving parts the easier it is to break.

But i always whip it out in public and touch it :D
*Cricket*
*Cricket*

SONY posted on Feb 1 2006 at 10:25 PM said:
lolz, you mean, whipping your BIG stylus pen out in public eh? hehe

Anyway, isn't the term "whip it out" a British or Aussie term? Aren't you a New Yorker?
Whip it out is used everywhere, but on this continent "it" usually refers to the male genitalia.

Nintendo DS lite FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111 w00000000tage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
When I read one of your posts an image of someone shitting on a keyboard comes to mind.

Ha ha!

As for the Lite, personally I'm glad it is coming out, not because I want one, but because people will be trading their old DS handhelds soon for the new one, meaning a 2nd hand DS will be cheaper and I'll be able to afford one for when Animal Crossing: Wild World comes out :)

Plus I'm very protective of my consoles. :ph34r:

I'm very protective of my consoles too. I used to take my GP32 out every once in a while, but i never take my DS or PSP or any of my handhelds out anywhere except my N-gage, for obvious reasons, but even then, the QD has removable interchangable face plates so if i get a scratch on the plastic its not big deal, i go to ebay and get a new one for a couple $$.

God you love your N-Gage.
I will buy it if you can see the screen in direct sunlight, and I am not holding my breath.

Back