Adic 2005 Results

nem

Surprised these weren't posted yet (and if they were, haha, oops).

From GP32News:

"ADIC 2004, the results !

01) Bolcataxian - 8,4
02) Crocoteam - 8,2
02) Play With The Band - 8,2
04) Lily - 8
04) Smash Adic - 8
06) Pogy's Adventure in Bobble World - 7,4
07) Tanda - 7,3
08) Gposx - 7,1
09) GP32War2 - 6,9
09) Piramid2 - 6,9
11) GP32 Multipac - 6,8
12) Firefire - 6,6
13) Nazca Runners - 6,3
13) Wonderboi - 6,3
15) gpfm - 6,2
15) UGPV - 6,2
17) Tech32 - 6,1
18) Alien Eraser - 6
18) Deluxe Snake - 6
18) FallDown - 6
18) Pix Pang GP - 6
22) Girls Puzzle - 5,9
22) GP Splash - 5,9
24) Samourai - 5,4
25) GPTron - 5,3
25) Ryan Worms - 5,3
27) Gmineur - 5
28) GP Climber - 4,8
28) Scalextric - 4,8
30) Commerce Conflict - 4,6
31) Happy 2005 - 4,2
32) Guitar Tuner - 4
33) Angels - 3,8
34) JordiGP32 - 3,7
34) miNiSnowboarding - 3,7
36) Gicmoq - 2,8
36) mini MP3 - 2,8

An explanation of the results will be soon online !

And don't forget that the only loosers are the ones who sent nothing ^^"

Nice one, JBB!

EDIT: dammit, meant to say 2004 ;-)

Are they new versions or mostly the same from the last competition?

Updates of these games would be cool:

Smash Adic (well, the name sounds like a new version)
Gposx
Ryan Worms

And what are these:
JordiGP32 ?
Gicmoq ?

Waaah, I need downloads!!!

These be just the results from the ADIC we just had. They were for download a while ago(they overloaded the gp32news server, remember?). Smash ADIC is Smash gp 0.4 (not much difference except for different survival mode).

JBB so deserved to win, shame it took so long for the results. Hope we get an update on Bolcataxian, it's just too easy!

frolik posted on Feb 15 2005 at 09:41 PM said:
it's just too easy!

I have to disagree, as someone who's self admittedly not the best at um... 'shooters', I found Bolcataxian fairly challenging, I've not seen the end yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bingo Jesus posted on Feb 15 2005 at 10:44 PM said:
it's just too easy!

I have to disagree, as someone who's self admittedly not the best at um... 'shooters', I found Bolcataxian fairly challenging, I've not seen the end yet.
yea, and it really is the best game of adic 2004 :)

Bocataxian = Permanant SMC resident! :D
And I suck at shooters, too. It's too hard. ;)

Actually, challenging is good. :)

Bingo Jesus posted on Feb 15 2005 at 09:44 PM said:
it's just too easy!

I thought it was fairly challenging at first, but now that I've played it so much it's fairly easy. I crave more levels. :(

I think I generally agree with the ADIC places... I didn't play most games though. For instance, I didn't have enough space left on my SMC to play GP32War2. Is there anybody who played it who can tell me what they thought of it?

jeez that just goes to show you guys aren't gamers of the old hardcore variety! being spoilt for choice certainly diminishes skill....

BCTXN is good for beating your own score once you complete it though and trying to make sure you get every powerup and not lose it is a reasonable challenge, but what I'd really like is more levelage :)

I agree bolcataxian is a great piece of work. Admitedly it was very difficult for me at first, but if you choose the right powerups (a couple of speedups and then bulk up on the power) you can cream the enemies no problems.

Bolcataxian is a work of genius, just sooo playable, but yes, more levels are needed! It's not that it's too easy exactly, it's just that there isn't anything to progress to yet as you get better, I can finish it without losing a life now, but once it gets extended then it should be awesome!

®

You guys are shoot-them-up beasts, that's all! :)
Okay, I admit... I didnt have much time for enough tuning, and if you don't die for a while, it's pretty easy to accumulate enough firepower to sail through anything.

Anyway... any news on the prizes? ...and the judges feedback details for each entry?

Cheerio,
JBB

pea posted on Feb 16 2005 at 07:22 AM said:
I agree bolcataxian is a great piece of work. Admitedly it was very difficult for me at first, but if you choose the right powerups (a couple of speedups and then bulk up on the power) you can cream the enemies no problems.

Huh? How do you choose your powerups? I thought it's automatic from when you pick them up...

jbb: I also want to see the judges' comments. ;) I notice though that GP32News just hasn't been itself since being shut down for a month; there are barely any updates, and when do happen it's about a week after the previous update. I do hope that everything will go back to normal after a while; I used to always visit that site along with GP32X because they often had news that GP32X missed.

Esn posted on Feb 19 2005 at 06:39 AM said:
Huh? How do you choose your powerups? I thought it's automatic from when you pick them up...

you choose them by pressing the B button by default, just like you choose your powerups in nemesis/gradius/salamander etc... the only ones activated at pickup are the smart bomb and Beserk mode...

jbb posted on Feb 18 2005 at 10:00 PM said:
You guys are shoot-them-up beasts, that's all! :)
Okay, I admit... I didnt have much time for enough tuning, and if you don't die for a while, it's pretty easy to accumulate enough firepower to sail through anything.

Anyway... any news on the prizes? ...and the judges feedback details for each entry?

Cheerio,
JBB

hey, jbb... how far are you planning to take this? as it stands, it's an amazing tech demo, and a good little game... but i'm thinking it needs probably just as much as work again to become a brilliant shoot-em-up...

the difficulty has been mentioned... i also think some proper bosses should be put in.

would you be willing to do the programming if you had some help with level design and graphics?

JBB, Great job on the game, it's an amazing start and still has me hooked even though I've completed it many times now. just wanted to say thanks and that I'll be watching with interest. Enjoy your prize!

®

Back