Advance War 32

Racemaniac

Scorched GP programmer
Website
Visit site
i downloaden the advance war 32 beta a while ago, started playing it now, and i understand the main stuff(like movement, range, capturing buildings, getting recources,...) all except for the battle part
where can i see the damage i do? how do i do damage? what determins what damage i do?
i am wondering this because the water map is very easy, can't loose there, but the camp map.... the comp starts with double your units... and i can't seem to get even close to countering him, mainly because i don't know how the hell the game works...i don't know if a move is smart or not, because i have no clue how damage is done, and what is a good defence and what isn't, what those attack defence, max life and etc mean: no clue....
very frustrating :(

MaDsk8tard posted on Apr 15 2004 at 11:54 AM said:
wait the next version that will be release for the GBAX compo^^
the name will be GPWAR32 !
new gfx, more maps, campaign...:)
i don't need more maps or so, just an explanation of how things work...

Last edited by a moderator:
MaDsk8tard posted on Apr 15 2004 at 01:16 PM said:
press B on your unit for know the power of damage, life...
that i know too, i can see those stats, but what the heck do they mean?
when do you kill a unit? how many units can you kill with one unit i n a turn?
etc...

whats the diff between this and the GB advance wars?
or is it tha same?
i hav a gba and advance wars (the 1st of course)
so im just wonderin
any chance for AW2?

toasterted posted on Apr 15 2004 at 03:00 PM said:
whats the diff between this and the GB advance wars?
or is it tha same?
i hav a gba and advance wars (the 1st of course)
so im just wonderin
any chance for AW2?
hmmm, so you have the game, play the gp32 version, and tell me if you can win the camp level...
it seems soo impossible, or there is something i don't know....

I try and concise it down... (this is assuming it is derived from advance wars)

the higher the defence the les units you willl lose therefore you have the advantage in a straight firefight.

Highest Defence
Buildings/cities
Water/Sea
Trees/forest
Open
Lowest Defence

Remember that enemy units cannot move through yours so bottleneck techniques work well. If you get a chance ALWAYS attack first, you can inflict more damage and if you wipe out the enemy, they cannot fire back. The attackers will always fire first, then the attacked return fire.

yaustar posted on Apr 15 2004 at 03:44 PM said:
I try and concise it down... (this is assuming it is derived from advance wars)

the higher the defence the les units you willl lose therefore you have the advantage in a straight firefight.

Highest Defence
Buildings/cities
Water/Sea
Trees/forest
Open
Lowest Defence

Remember that enemy units cannot move through yours so bottleneck techniques work well. If you get a chance ALWAYS attack first, you can inflict more damage and if you wipe out the enemy, they cannot fire back. The attackers will always fire first, then the attacked return fire.
yeah, all of that i understood
but how do you see what damage they do? what determines that? what units are good vs what units? how to see that? when do oyou inflict most damage? what unit(s?) do you hit when multiple units are in range? how do you make good use of long range units??
so many questions... i can read the data on the screen, and i know tactics, but i can't seem to understand how the damage is inflicted, what happens when you fire/get fired on,...
that's what i need to know...

YEEEEEEEEEHA
i finally won on the camp map
most of the time i could hardly manage it, just having a few units (most of the time 2 or 3) left, but on good positions, and holding controll of all buildings on my side (so at least one tank every turn)
then i managed to get some launchers ready out of the opponents reach, to give more cover, and slowly move to his side, once i made it to his side it was a walk over :) (i had 8 launchers or so :D)
ahhh, feels GREAT
but i still don't understand the damage thingy....

:lol: lol yah i dont even own a gj32... yet...
i would have to have money to buy somthing like that
and a job to get that money
i was just askin if ther was anydif since I luved Advanced Wars for GBA
:)

If the damage is calculated like in the GBA version, Gamefaqs.com ill sort all your questions out. I have not yet played the GP32 version, though.

ahhh, i still don't completely understand how damage is done, but i finaly know how to play it
in the beginning i just made launchers and cowardly made sure the enemy couldn't get close
then i tryed for a change with mostly tanks and only using the one launcher you have in the beginning, also worked :)
and now i only built bazookas, was a lot of fun, and i stole his first building pretty fast :)
can't wait for a mroe complete release now :D

toasterted posted on Apr 16 2004 at 12:19 AM said:
:lol: lol yah i dont even own a gj32... yet...
i would have to have money to buy somthing like that
and a job to get that money
i was just askin if ther was anydif since I luved Advanced Wars for GBA
:)
Lots of difference :) Right now, the GBA version is much batter. Thats because (1) GBA version was made by professionals and (2) GP32 version isn't finished yet. :)

Back