After the general run starts how many Pandoras still exist in the inventory(as in parts)?

133794m3r

OK, now since I know the full run will start in February, and I'm one(in april so that it's here by my birthday). I know that this is probably a bit too hopeful, but how many spare parts are there and what's the lead time on the processors/memory that the pandora needs? Also will Open Pandora, GMBH be keeping a few "premade" units sitting around so that they can more easily ship them out once everything goes into full production? I'm asking because when I preorder it, I don't want to be in one of those situations wherein I'm left waiting months upon months.

I've been looking at the pandora since before the circuit co. mess, and before the first 4k were even put into production but I'm not a patient person once I purchase an item. Thus I don't want to end up in that situation that everyone else has been, and I am very proud of their ability to wait after paying for it.

We already have most parts for the next 2000 units and I'm already planning and organizing what parts need to be ordered after that.

It's impossible to say how many units we will have in stock soon - it depends on the number of Preorders, upgrades, etc.

Basically, we'll have batches of 1000.

About 600 - 700 have to be sold (either as new units or as upgrades) to have enough money for the next batch.

The remaining ones will go to all old preorders.

Right now, we've got about 600 preorders which is enough to produce the first 2000 units.

To be able to produce the ones after those first 2000, at least 1400 of these units need to be sold.

If we won't get enough preorders, these units will be in stock.

If we get more than enough preorders, there will be no units in stock - but if 1000 will be produced per month, the waiting time shouldn't be too long.

I'm about to place an order for two more Pandoras .. never thought I'd see the day that I'd type that, but WOW! Well done ED!

Upgrade? Could you explain how it'll work? As I already have my pandora, will it be possible for me to simply order a new board, and use my old one to develop on it?

Thanks

Get your preorder in now, its only a small fee $10 IIRC
But then when they did the production, mine wouldn't be picked up until like april, and thus they'd have to either a) hold one back(and lose potential full sale) or B) me wait until the next batch of 1k. Either way it sounds like a bad choice.

Back