Beta Alarm Clock App

Pinballwzd

I am not sure of there are any that people would recommend but being a newbie to searching and installing from repositories
I was hoping that someone could port over to the Pandora.

As a shift worker, I could really use one so I can put away my ipod and only bring my Pandora to work.

Thank you in advance.

David

sebt3 said:
Audacious have an alarm plugin, would that work for you ? (I havent tested it...)

Did not think of that.. Could work.. I was thinking of a stand along alarm clock. I have one on my IPOD that works well. Multiple alarm setting, snooze, sounds or music etc.. Just thought that there might be something out there that could be ported or work in the OS.

Would it have to be PND or could it just be imported from a repository?

David...

Last edited by a moderator:
Alerino said:
as an alarm "solution", i use a combination of crontab & mplayer, it works fine, a radio station wakes me up :)

edit: for a PND, i'd go for the Scheduled Tasks app, something like that

create_task.jpg

Thank you.. Sorry for being a newbee but is that pnd. is the AppSore or OpenHandhelds site ? Could not find it..
Since I am not too familiar with installing non-pandora applications I was hoping for a pnd, drop and go ready, applications.
I guess I will have to wait for someone to package one up ( or learn to do it myself.. )

David...

Thank you.. Sorry for being a newbie but is that pnd. is the AppSore or OpenHandhelds site ? Could not find it..
Since I am not too familiar with installing non-Pandora applications I was hoping for a pnd, drop and go ready, applications.
I guess I will have to wait for someone to package one up ( or learn to do it myself.. )

David...

Alerino said:
no, there's still no scheduled task pnd , let's hope it gets ported.

you should read a bit about crontab, it's easy to set things up.

I will try, thank you !.. I sure hope someone can help me out and port something.. I sure could use an Alarm Program as I am sure others also could.
I hate bringing multiple devices to work.

David...

I think, this is more suited to your need than the cron frontend Alerino showd you (no offence intended).

This is a python app, so it should work out of the box without even compiling it. (and no I wont package it, but you could try ;P)

sebt3 said:
I think, this is more suited to your need than the cron frontend Alerino showd you (no offence intended).

This is a python app, so it should work out of the box without even compiling it. (and no I wont package it, but you could try ;P)

Thank you ! That is perfect.
I will try to package it but if I have no luck.. Maybe I can pay someone to...
(BTW) I no problem with you not wanting to do it. Totally understand.. I would like to learn how and I understand there is a tutorial posted. Maybe that will aid in my attempts.

David...

I thought I'd try packaging it - I made distPND to make it easy to package Python programs - but it's not a Python program. The source is filled with c, h, and po files; no py files to be found. So it won't be as easy to port as a Python program, but if you follow mcobit's tutorials, it shouldn't be too hard, right?

Tempel said:
I thought I'd try packaging it - I made distPND to make it easy to package Python programs - but it's not a Python program. The source is filled with c, h, and po files; no py files to be found. So it won't be as easy to port as a Python program, but if you follow mcobit's tutorials, it shouldn't be too hard, right?
I said it was a python app because it said everywhere that it is. I didnt looked the source.

And if there is no snake in there, it change all for me :)

It was bit harder than it look, but not too much (needed to build libunique too).

Here is your cookie.

May a mod change this thread to the beta section plz ?

Ok, I tried it. The program starts up ok but there is some strange save attempts and window sizing happening.. Let me explain...

Initially it would not save any attempts at entering an alarm. Then after having it lock up on me a few times and rebooting my Pandora, it now allows me to enter both alarms and counters. Strange thing then started to happen.. Now I get what looks like a small popup rectangle that I am unable to get rid of unless you do FN Q, when I try to enter a test alarm. I finally figured out that it is very small window that does not allow me to resize. Same thing for adding a counter except in this case, you only get the top most bar of the popup window to show. Once again, you cannot resize that window.
This occurrence seems to be not consistently happening. If I reboot the program, I can sometimes enter a 2nd alarm or counter yet sometimes the strange small window box and window bar shows up preventing any success in entering a new alarm.. A shut down of the program is needed at this point.

Hope I explained what I am experiencing ok.

David..

Just port this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ohpoopalarmcloc/

EDIT: and add an alarm feature too, d'oh. ;)

Edit, or port this:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=25582

Seems quite feasible! :)

It was bit harder than it look, but not too much (needed to build libunique too).

libunique is in the repos you know ;-)

I tried to build it too but had problems with it crashing while playing a sound.

If CreatureXL would get a Pandora, maybe he could finish his little project...

Eisner said:
Initially it would not save any attempts at entering an alarm. Then after having it lock up on me a few times and rebooting my Pandora, it now allows me to enter both alarms and counters. Strange thing then started to happen.. Now I get what looks like a small popup rectangle that I am unable to get rid of unless you do FN Q, when I try to enter a test alarm. I finally figured out that it is very small window that does not allow me to resize. Same thing for adding a counter except in this case, you only get the top most bar of the popup window to show. Once again, you cannot resize that window.
This occurrence seems to be not consistently happening. If I reboot the program, I can sometimes enter a 2nd alarm or counter yet sometimes the strange small window box and window bar shows up preventing any success in entering a new alarm.. A shut down of the program is needed at this point.
Hooo :(
Too bad.
EDIT: I cant reproduce my self. I'm able to create as many alarm as I want. I dont get any small pop-up rectangle.
Give me a screenshot ;)

torpor said:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=25582
This is full of snakes (python, pygames), so not for me. But doable for anyone who wants to try ;)

Silly question, but is the Pandora clock actually working properly now?

I remember some time ago people had problem with this - it didn't keep good time. An unreliable clock won't make a very reliable alarm-clock ;)

I will take a screen shot later this evening. If you cannot reproduce, maybe it is something with my Pandora ??
Anyway, you will see what I mean when I take a pic or 2.

Thanks everyone,

David...

Back