Alex4 Port

I would rather be interested in an icy tower port... but zombiepox would be really cool aswell.

In case you guys didn't know alex 4 supports custom levels. The easiest way I found to do this was to use gmenu and create a seperate link for using custom levels. you can start a level pack by putting the level pack wherever you want (best to keep it in its own folder) and using the gmenu selector to pick the text file for the level pack which is usually named the same as the level pack. to make things easier use a filter to show only .txt files. You can download custom level packs here and preferably here

i hope the occasional lag could be fixed as this doesnt seem like a game that would require much in the way of resources and cpu power. probably more due to allegro or the allegro port. anyway great classic platform fun.

i hope the occasional lag could be fixed as this doesnt seem like a game that would require much in the way of resources and cpu power. probably more due to allegro or the allegro port. anyway great classic platform fun.

I tried to fix it, but nothing really worked. Maybe it's the way Allegro treats video bitmaps, maybe it's the way the game works.
Maybe I'm too dumb to find the issue. Anyway, the source code is included. If someone is willing to look into it (maybe run a profiler or some debugging on the GP2X), would be nice.

On the other hand, the lag isn't very bad.

yeah its not a big deal though like you said if someone fixed it that would be nice. its not exactly keeping me from enjoying the game though and I do appreciate you porting this game over. sounds like this game required a fair amount of effort to port.

but thanks to you, simon, we now get to play this great game on our gp2x and all the custom levels made for it which should give hours and hours of playtime.

This looks like an excellent game, will try it this evening :)

This is really an exciting game. I wonder one thing. How do you shoot? It says "X" but I have never been able to shoot till Level 6 and this is the boss level which you can not complete without shooting I think. I'm so helpless... :unsure:

This is really an exciting game. I wonder one thing. How do you shoot? It says "X" but I have never been able to shoot till Level 6 and this is the boss level which you can not complete without shooting I think. I'm so helpless...

For the first Boss, I think you must roll on his head using the special block on the right.

(...)
you can start a level pack by putting the level pack wherever you want (best to keep it in its own folder) and using the gmenu selector to pick the text file for the level pack which is usually named the same as the level pack.

How can I use level pack without using gmenu2x ? I suppose writing a script, but it would be helpful an example :p

This game is great.. :)

Now all I'm wondering, is if it's got a save feature. Does it save after you've killed an endboss, or..?

Anyways, like I said, great game. Looks fantastic on the GP2x screen. :)

mfk said:
Mr 2X said:
For the first Boss, I think you must roll on his head using the special block on the right.
I tried it but it didn't worked. :ph34r:

First boss is prettyy tough for a first boss I think. I needed many tries. You have to get to the right side, and roll him in the back with the special block. he only can be hitted from behind.
And you need eggs to shoot, they are available in later levels. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Megagun said:
This game is great.. :)

Now all I'm wondering, is if it's got a save feature. Does it save after you've killed an endboss, or..?

Anyways, like I said, great game. Looks fantastic on the GP2x screen. :)
it saves every level you beat. when you go to start again just select the last level you were at.

custom level packs don't save your progress. you have to beat those in one sitting.

its probably not hard to make a script but at this point I don't see why anyone wouldn't use gmenu2x.

the first boss is tricky but fusion_power gave a good description of how to beat him. its not that hard once you know the timing of how to do it.

jbrodack said:
it saves every level you beat. when you go to start again just select the last level you were at.
the first boss is tricky but fusion_power gave a good description of how to beat him. its not that hard once you know the timing of how to do it.
Ah, thanks. :)
The first boss is kind of tricky.. You have to basically hit him from behind with the roll attack. It's weird, but once you see the boss guy with the hands in the air, you'll know you've hit him. :)

Did you see the little 100% sign when you collected all cherries or all stars in a level? Has something to do with it.

Back