All Emus Show Up As Invalid File

Emudude1963

Still Fresh
I Just got my Caanoo via Fedex today. The system is Awesome, but i can't get any of the Emulators to work on it. I put them in the correct Directories, but they are showing up as Invalid Files. Very confusing and annoying. The system came with the updated 1.0.6 Firmware.

¿What do you mean with invalid files? ¿You can't execute, you can't see, you get errors? Assure you are using the Caanoo version of the applications, not the Wiz of GP2X versions. You must to put each application files in a folder inside the GAME of APPS folder.

Many applications have an icon you can use to launch, some don't have the direct access, and you must to lauch manually with the browser. Many emulators needs to be configured and needs a bios file that is not included for legal reasons.

Just figuring out setting this thing up. It seems that all the .ini files were screwed up. Learning how this works. I love it so far. The only Emulator I can't get working is UAE4ALL. The Program runs, but when I run an .adf file, all I get is a black screen. I have the correct 1.3 kick.rom in the correct place, I just can't run any Amiga Games. All other emulators work great. DrSMS give me a blank screen when I try to run Defender of Oasis, and GPsp kinda runs like ASS (especially with First Person Shooters like Duke Nukem. Hoping for a speed upgrade like we just got for pocketSNES.

Emudude1963 said:
Just figuring out setting this thing up. It seems that all the .ini files were screwed up. Learning how this works. I love it so far. The only Emulator I can't get working is UAE4ALL. The Program runs, but when I run an .adf file, all I get is a black screen. I have the correct 1.3 kick.rom in the correct place, I just can't run any Amiga Games. All other emulators work great. DrSMS give me a blank screen when I try to run Defender of Oasis, and GPsp kinda runs like ASS (especially with First Person Shooters like Duke Nukem. Hoping for a speed upgrade like we just got for pocketSNES.
I have a tutorial and a link to a version that is preconfigured on my youtube channel. Check it out if you want. The channel is in my signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
You must to edit the .ini files with a editor that supports Linux "End of Lines" format, like Notepad++. The .ini file must be in the GAME or APPS folder, and the game files in a folder under this folder. This is an example of .ini file.

Code:
 [info]
 name="Sample application"
 path="/appfolder/executable.gpe"
 icon="/appfolder/icon.png"
 title="/appfolder/banner.png"
 group="GAMES"

Back