Alternate Media Player?

timbobsteve

Hi all,

I have recently been using my GP2X as an in car media player and I was wondering if anyone has plans or has heard of someone working on an alternate media player for the 2X. The reason I ask is that the pre-defined EQ's are about as usefull as a kick in the teeth for tweeking the sound.

I have heard that the 2X music player is based on mplayer, is this true? If so is there any addons that would allow and EQ to mplayer, I may look at porting one.

Thanks anyways.

I think the gp2x needs to get an alternate media player also, for music, but video could use improvement.

The video player needs to have louder volume, it's hard to hear it on trains and buses where stuff is noisy. And the music player, as mentioned, needs better equalizer's. These are just minor things I can live with but I'd like them improved

timbobsteve posted on Feb 2 2006 at 03:05 PM said:
Hi all,

I have recently been using my GP2X as an in car media player and I was wondering if anyone has plans or has heard of someone working on an alternate media player for the 2X. The reason I ask is that the pre-defined EQ's are about as usefull as a kick in the teeth for tweeking the sound.

I have heard that the 2X music player is based on mplayer, is this true? If so is there any addons that would allow and EQ to mplayer, I may look at porting one.

Thanks anyways.

there is already one: Oldplay. But I am not sure wheter this player is better for your tweaking purposes. But you might suggest solutions for your needs to the dev.

Last edited by a moderator:
dennis20014 posted on Feb 2 2006 at 02:47 PM said:
The video player needs to have louder volume, it's hard to hear it on trains and buses where stuff is noisy.

You are using headphones while in public, are you???
So if it is too quiet get better headphones, as the output of the GP2X is loud enough to permanently damage your hearing with good headphones :rolleyes:

beanfarmer posted on Feb 2 2006 at 03:05 PM said:
the EQ for heavy metal is the best one ive found all the others womp! but it would be nice to have an alturnitive

I don't like the Heavy Metal EQ, 'Soft' has the best bass of any of them, and actually sounds better on heavy metal music than the heavy metal EQ does.

Back