Alternative Stick Cap

Wes Vampire

Website
Visit site
Hi guys ( and girls ).

On the German Forums ( were i go to almost every day :D ) someone had a great idea:

He used a cotton applicator with nail polish, I tried it but for me it did not work too well.
I changed the nailpolish into superglue.
That worked marvellous. :D:D

Just put some glue onto the cotton, and it will get really hard.
Cut the hardened end off and apply it on the stick of your Gp2x ( possible because the applicator is hollow ).

And you can play your games with extreme accuracy !!!.

many thatns to Bob Weasel ( German Forums ).

And to the Superglue manufacturor :D:D:D.

Try it out it's no april fool joke ( that's what i thought because the topic was placed on April 1st.

Regards,

Wes

Pics PLZ!!!! also, I think he meant using the superglue to make the cotton harden (forming a polymer of sorts...) and then attaching it to the head... It could be a decent cap if it were big enough and the top was smooth enough...

craigix posted on Apr 2 2006 at 12:49 PM said:
We will have a solution in a few days.

You know ... what's with you and your brief teaser posts :lol:

Who's "we"?

Anyway, I believe Wes Vampire meant a Q-tip (cotton swab). What a crazy odd idea ... I can see it working nicely though, yes ... photograpihc representation please :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless it's some sort of replacement device for the stick itself I can't imagine it doing much more good than DaveC's cap already does, unfortunately. It'll take a hardware revision (unlikely) or a D-pad "kit" before the problem is really fixed in any widespread fashion.

Ah hell, count me in too, I'd like to know. Although someone who is on the newsletter's delivery list will make a topic about it the day the announcement is made anyway. Or 15 people will make the same topic. ;)

Yeah!
Does anyone remember the little screw in joystick that came with the Sega MS gamepad ? It looked cute,but was useless

Back