AMD Gaming Tablet

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
Here's one for Monstercameron  :p

http://liliputing.com/2013/11/amd-introduces-gaming-tablet-concept-called-project-discovery.html

amd-project-discovery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do they keep on making these addon controllers?  It's ugly like hell.  Now I know why the Pandora is one of a kind.

Who writes these articles, do they do any research before hand? When did the Shield drop to $249? 

Anyways, I'm no fan of these tablet add on devices, but there cool enough and add physical controls to the tablet. I'm just glad to see another BIG player in the industry bringing physical controls to the table. It's only a matter of time before a standard is introduced for ALL games, and not just some. Android can only get better with a device like this joining the mix.

I agree, the Pandora is really a stand alone device, and I would really love to see a new model that improves on what we already have, as I'm sure there is still no competition to be had any time soon for the current Pandora market.

Chris

If P2 can run N64, Dreamcast, and PSP full speed, it can be the exact same design as P1 as the rest  is just icing on the cake :)

Who writes these articles, do they do any research before hand? When did the Shield drop to $249? 

Anyways, I'm no fan of these tablet add on devices, but there cool enough and add physical controls to the tablet. I'm just glad to see another BIG player in the industry bringing physical controls to the table. It's only a matter of time before a standard is introduced for ALL games, and not just some. Android can only get better with a device like this joining the mix.

I agree, the Pandora is really a stand alone device, and I would really love to see a new model that improves on what we already have, as I'm sure there is still no competition to be had any time soon for the current Pandora market.

Chris
its even less if you plan on upgrading to a newer nvidia gpu!

Chris
its even less if you plan on upgrading to a newer nvidia gpu!
Yeah, maybe the 249 is in reference to the current rebate offer, but in that case, they should have said 199 right? Oh well, anyone who is interested in the Shield should know the proper pricing.

Chris

^ Yeah, Dreamcast was just wishful thinking :)   While I'm still dreaming, full speed Gamecube/Wii on Dolphin  would also be nice :)

I wonder how it stacks up against Haswell graphics wise. I was about to go get a Surface Pro 2 but it might be good to wait and see what kind of graphics power this chip has and what forms it comes out it.

Back