Amiga Big Bash And Retro Event

Axeman

Axemeister
Website
Visit site
rock_small.jpg

Well... we're getting closer to Sep 16ths big event for this year, the Amiga Big Bash and Retro event. Craig (craigix on these boards) from Gp2x.co.uk will be there, as will I and hopefully as many of you as possible! For those who don't know, its a combined Amiga and Retro Gaming show. In the past it has been exclusively amiga, but its been decided to branch out this year to include the GP2x, GP32 and retro gaming.

More details as we get closer to the day. Until then... go here for information :-

www.amigabigbash.net

See you there!

Hmmm, ... judging from the many replies in this thread so far, I doubt many people will be going there ...
I still don't know whether or not I can make it myself, looks like I might be working on that day :(

"SunSpire"

Amiga Big Bash and Retro is now only 8 days away. Below is an event schedule. We are pleased to announce that Craig from GP2X.co.uk has kindly donated a GP2X as a raffle prize. We also have a demo of the GP2X planned on a projector.

We have Dennis van Weeren with MiniMig - a complete Amiga 500 system on a single FPGA chip! Can you imagine this housed in a little joystick that you can plug into your TV?

Coldfusion- a card to turbo charge a classic Amiga to insane speeds (the interesting thing about this is that in theory the principles behind it could be applied to any old 68k based machine.. Atari, Megadrive, SNES, and so on...)

A couple of big print magazines may also be at the show..

We have a classic retro LAN gameing competition planned - the prize for which is the coveted Golden Joystick. A Buffet is also included in the price of admission.

Please visit: www.amigabigbash.net for more information.

Itinerary

Subject to change:

* 11:00 Staff / 3CAG Setup
* 12:00 Usergroup / Exhibitor Setup
* 13:00 Doors

Main Hall

* LAN gaming Golden Joystick tournament held throughout the day in the main Hall.

* 13:15 Welcome to Big Bash and Retro
* 14:00 Buffet
* 14:30 Troika Board Demo
* 15:00 Surprise TBC
* 15:30 Oli_HD's Coldfire Board Demo with Q+A
* 16:00 Dennis with MiniMig and Q+A
* 16:30 GP2X Demo
* 17:00 LAN Game competition Final
* 18:30 Raffle Prize Drawer.
* 19:00 Good night, then After Show Party

Small Hall

* 13:00 AmiMedics to 14:30
* 14:30 Chill Zone
* 16:30 Seminar 1 : E-UAE, running your old apps on OS4.
* 17:00 Seminar 2 : Basic introduction to programming AmigaOS 4.0 in C.

Tripmonkey_uk posted on Sep 3 2006 at 05:41 PM said:
yeh.. wish I could afford the petrol myself :(

We have people coming from all over the world - and people coming from the north, and people coming from the south. Where abouts are you located and I can see if I can arrange for you to have a lift with someone if you like?

Last edited by a moderator:
(naw)mcx posted on Sep 8 2006 at 04:57 PM said:
I would love to come but i live in bonnie scotland *cries*

Which part of Scotland, as we may be able to arrange a lift for you? There are many Amigans north of the border that are show bound.

(naw)mcx posted on Sep 8 2006 at 06:08 PM said:
Aberdeenshire. I would love to come. I am 13 so I will se what happens but please find out!

13??

Wow.. a young lad into retro stuff :) - now I feel really old!

On the Amiga boards I'm one of the youngest - and I'm 26! I think we have a couple of people in their 80's!!

As you are 13, I'm not sure how viable a car share would be. Effectively you would be getting into a car with a stranger - for an adult this isn't so much of an issue, but in your case it would be so I would not advise a car share as an option. Think safety first.

You could try washing your Dad's car a lot, and pleading with him to travel down with you on the train :) If you do make it, as you're under 15, your entry will be free. Good luck!

Hey Bob, i'm Scottish as well, an ive been dying to go down to this! But i really didnt think i would be able to go as its so far away an i don't drive. I'm 30, (gah, still feel old?) an owned an A500 (with an extra disk drive!) an then an A1200 with an 80Meg HD. Them were indeed the days, Speedball 2 and Sensible, sigh memories.

Anyway, I live about 30 Miles outside Glasgow, so who is heading southward and where are the lifts coming from up here?

fade posted on Sep 9 2006 at 02:07 PM said:
Hey Bob, i'm Scottish as well, an ive been dying to go down to this! But i really didnt think i would be able to go as its so far away an i don't drive. I'm 30, (gah, still feel old?) an owned an A500 (with an extra disk drive!) an then an A1200 with an 80Meg HD. Them were indeed the days, Speedball 2 and Sensible, sigh memories.

Anyway, I live about 30 Miles outside Glasgow, so who is heading southward and where are the lifts coming from up here?

I shall get an answer for you by this afternoon :)

(naw)mcx posted on Sep 9 2006 at 09:27 AM said:
My mum says there a too many rapests. And my dad aint taking me up. Oh and I know some one else who love retro games my age. We are having are own mini retro day tomorrow :p

Good luck with it :)

Back