Amiga Emulation On The Pandora

vaustein

I think that a great opportunity w/ the Pandora - and its slick keyboard - is to port fully-feature UAE for Linux. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not down on UAE4All, but it's optimized for booting ADF files. UAE allows Workbench desktop emulation and supports HDD games patched with WHDLoad for much faster performance than ADF files.

I know we're going to have mature Apple2e and C64 emulation on the :pandora1:, and UAE nicely completes the suite.

Id love it if it had A!200 emulation with hdd extra ram and accelerated cpu. enough to get something like OS3.9 working at a decent rate

Iorgy77 said:
I'm actually thinking of holding off buying one until there is a UAE port.

Oh those are some strong words :) :)

I`d love any form of Amiga emulation.. don`t think it would stop me buying one until it does though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stainy said:
Iorgy77 said:

I`d love any form of Amiga emulation.. don`t think it would stop me buying one until it does though!

It would break my heart to own an amiga emulation capable device, with no amiga emulation. :(

btw Stainy I'm THB from EAB ;)

I've committed to buying from among the first batch released, so this is not a show-stopper for me. Still, I'd like to start priming interest in this idea. The Pandora really needs a UAE port - for playing HD-loaded games launched from Workbench.

Iorgy77 said:
Stainy said:
Iorgy77 said:

It would break my heart to own an amiga emulation capable device, with no amiga emulation. :(

btw Stainy I'm THB from EAB ;)

Hey fella :) I see your in disguise ;) heh well yeah.. I can see where your coming from.. with the capable machine thing..

Do we know if any UAE.* devs are on the case already ??

Has it been mentioned that the Amigas AGA chipset was called Pandora during development ? Maybe a sequel to Pandora should be called Hombre :0)

I sure hope there will be Amiga emulation. I think that the Pandora really does what the psp can't do homebrew wise. Or at least it makes it easier because its open source. I can't wait to see what people are going to do with the pandora, Software and Hardware wise.

foleyjo said:
Id love it if it had A!200 emulation with hdd extra ram and accelerated cpu. enough to get something like OS3.9 working at a decent rate
Amiga Forever!

*brings in the bouncing ball*

Toffeeman said:
Has it been mentioned that the Amigas AGA chipset was called Pandora during development ? Maybe a sequel to Pandora should be called Hombre :0)

Nice, you are true! :)

Advanced Graphics Architecture (AGA) is the third generation Amiga graphic chip set, first used in the Amiga 4000 in 1992. AGA was codenamed the Pandora chipset by Commodore International internally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Graphics_Architecture

Back