Amiga Emulation

Duddyroar

Website
www.vc-reviews.com
Having experienced the delights of ST emulation, I was wondering if it would be possible to create a GP32 emulator for the ST's rival, the Amiga. I don't know the first thing about coding emulators, but I'm guessing that it would be possible as the Amiga and ST were fairly close in terms of specs (the ST had poorer sound).

Sorry if this topic has already been covered.

Yeah, there was a big thread about this before. I think the conclusion was generally, that because fellow on the PC required a pentium75 to emulate an Amiga, the GP could do it (as it is reckoned to be around about the same speed as a P100). However, it would need to be heavilywritten in assembler, like fellow was. So while you could port UAE, it would need to be heavily optimised. Somebody is already working on one though :)
In terms of Specs the Amiga is a lot harder, it had a custom blitter, copper, custom sound chip, and a very complicated graphics architecture compared to the ST.

Oh arsemunchers to Cubase....

It's a fine proggy, but that was 90% of the ST user's argument for it's usefulness, even though only about 1% of them probably used it....

:D

Back