Release aMule - ed2k client

Neat !

Did you changed something in the source ? Tried under Slackware, but failed miserably.

By the way, are emule networks still widely used nowadays ? I have not tried for the past 2 years at least and at the time there were not much files to be found... has it changed somehow ? 

KAD and Servers are all still running well, and even if the speed is not so great, you can find so much rare files there

I don't think so. It's mostly for old stuff.

Only the very new Madonna album or that kind of big company s**t are tracked.

I still have to try this PND, but if you can use IP Filters you should be more secure

Neat !

Did you changed something in the source ? Tried under Slackware, but failed miserably.
No,

just had to compile some dependencies too, like wxwidgets and crypto++, but everything went smooth.

Having screenshots and a longer description in your PXML would be nice :)
Right, i forgot about the previews ^^

Couldn't find the xfce4-screenshooter program, so how do i do screenshots on the pandora?

I installed the pnd but it did not start on my pandora. anybody can confirm it works??
what does your pnd_out say?

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed the pnd but it did not start on my pandora. anybody can confirm it works??
Works fine for me. I can't see any reason why it doesn't for you.

Couldn't find the xfce4-screenshooter program, so how do i do screenshots on the pandora?
You can use fbgrab (command-line utility available in the OS) or install snapsnap

mmm just tried and the PND seems not working... but instead it is... partially...

I'll explain myself better, if I launch the PND, nothing happens... but I looked at the pndrun_amule.out and here I can see

=======================================================================================
PND : /media/MEGASD/pandora/menu/amule.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/MEGASD/pandora/appdata/amule
APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : scripts/amule.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/amule"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/MEGASD/pandora/appdata/amule=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/amule=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/amule"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application (scripts/amule.sh ) ----------
ERROR: unable to open log file
2013-01-28 20:35:05: amuleAppCommon.cpp(329): Logging to stdout enabled
2013-01-28 20:35:05: amuleAppCommon.cpp(333): Initialising aMule 2.3.1 compiled with wxGTK2 v2.9.4 (Debugging)
2013-01-28 20:35:05: amuleAppCommon.cpp(379): Checking if there is an instance already running...
2013-01-28 20:35:05: Logger.cpp(308): 20:35:05: Error: Failed to inspect the lock file '/mnt/utmp/amule/config/muleLock' (error 2: No such file or directory)
2013-01-28 20:35:05: amuleAppCommon.cpp(410): No other instances are running.
2013-01-28 20:35:05: Logger.cpp(308): 20:35:05: Error: File '/mnt/utmp/amule/config/logfile.bak' couldn't be removed (error 1: Operation not permitted)
2013-01-28 20:35:05: Logger.cpp(308): 20:35:05: Error: Impossible to overwrite the file '/mnt/utmp/amule/config/logfile.bak' (error 0: Success)
2013-01-28 20:35:05: Logger.cpp(308): 20:35:05: Error: can't open file '/mnt/utmp/amule/config/logfile' (error 1: Operation not permitted)
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (scripts/amule.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/amule': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 8

EDIT: edited cause I added the -o parameter to amule

I think you need to remove from the PND all the files that amule can create by itself...

Copying the content of the PND in a directory made the program working

EDIT: but it does't use the .aMule folder !!

EDIT2: now that I have the config dir in appdata/amule even if I launch the original PND it works... ah by the way I disabled the copy of the config folder from the script

that's odd, it shouldn't write to the "config" folder - that's just the default config and is copied in the first run to .amule

will have a look in the script

I added .aMule in HOME and seems working

Code:
#!/bin/sh
export PATH=":${PATH:-"/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin"}"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/mnt/utmp/amule/lib/:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:-"/usr/lib:/lib"}"
#export HOME="/mnt/utmp/amule" 
export HOME="/mnt/utmp/amule/.aMule" 
export XDG_CONFIG_HOME="/mnt/utmp/amule"

if [ -d /mnt/utmp/amule/share ];then
	export XDG_DATA_DIRS=/mnt/utmp/amule/share:$XDG_DATA_DIRS:/usr/share
fi

if [ ! -d /mnt/utmp/amule/.aMule ];then
	 #mkdir $HOME/.aMule
  mkdir $HOME
	 #cp -R /mnt/utmp/amule/config/* $HOME/.aMule/config/
  cp -R /mnt/utmp/amule/config/* $HOME/config/
fi

export SDL_AUDIODRIVER="alsa"
cd $HOME
[ -e "$HOME/scripts/pre_script.sh" ] && . $HOME/scripts/pre_script.sh
if [ -e "$HOME/scripts/post_script.sh" ];then
	amule $*
	. $HOME/scripts/post_script.sh
else
#	exec amule $*
	amule -o
fi

With the previous script the program works well, I used it for a while now, but it uses .aMule as recursive path...

(I had another unrelated problem last night cause amule closed during the night, and the log was saying something about the memory, but I will look at it better in another time)

I think the best way whould be to NOT USE .aMule folder... and letting it use directly the config directory, but it must not be in the PND cause there's no way for amule to delete files in it, but it's able to create them.

EDIT: I like soo much downloading with my Pandora at night, it's SOOOO SILENT !!!  ^_^

Updated the pnd

• Added sreenshots
  • Renamed default config dir from "config" to "default"
  • Script extended to cover for an old "config" dir from first pnd, should move everything to ".aMule" - However, you may consider a backup of your configuration if made some changes to the default configuration or already downloaded content.
I think the problem with the config was, that amule may be looking for a "config" dir in $HOME and preferred this over ".aMule" if existent. In the new pnd there is no "config" dir, so it uses ".aMule". Please report if it's behaving different!

Seems working well now, the program starts/downloads without problems, anyway I launched it yesterday night but this morning was closed... maybe later I will look better at the log

Back