GP32 An Idea I Came Up With Today

I'm sorta with the 'i wouldn't use it' crowd but here's an idea for ya's...

the 'MUD / MOO intermittant updating game' concept
You like play for x hours and then *need* to upload your player data to a central server, get more parts to the game/story and other peoples player data. This would be great for RPGs, each day or so you'd get story updates, and do battle against other players (based mostly on stats i'd guess, like many old BBS door games). Perhaps you could play whilst connected as well, but only for special stuff... like a duel in LotRD (for all you BBS old schoolers).

I like this idea... someone make one of these ;) or apply it to gigas/zot. Actually you could take this concept a step further.... if it was made with gigas or zot or something scriptable you could actually allow players to build their own parts to the game and have them included when people update. In this way you might end up with a wiki style to game development or indeed a situation where the user created game content is traded within the game itself (whoa - freaky)..

Doesn't Blood Cross use a similar system where you plug the usb cable in the PC and you can play like that against people around the world, or am I wrong? I think it would be better if someone just made a web browser software and programs that use the internet and sold broadband adapters on the internet that hook up to the ext port so you can leech off your school/friends/uncles broadband connection when your there.

I agree.. wheres that damn Internet cable when you need it! All i want to see is maybe internet capabilites but definitely being able to type work n stuff into me gp32. gamepark should really get their finger out :angry:

It is possible using the normal hardware, gp32 email, gp32 pages, file sharing etc.

Id really like to see it done

Back