Card Reader Set Up Gp32

garyben

Still Fresh
I have recently lost my smc card I have also kept no back up files and to make things worse my pc link cable does not work, is it possible to set my smc card up with only a reader ? How would I install free launcher etc not bothered about gpcinema only use my gp32 for lazy reader, mp3 and emulating msx games
however at the moment I have nothing except usb failure (I have tried 2 pc also downloaded latest usb drivers still the same).
Can anybody help me ??
thornton19@btopenworld.com
Again Thanks

The cable seems to be the same cable as the one I was supplied with for my camera (a cheapo L'espion keyring). Although it's untested (my laptop doesn't have GP32 stuff on it, and my desktop doesn't need the camera), I would guess that the cable would be available from plenty of sites (PC World perhaps, or Maplins) for just a few quid.

I had problems with the link cable for my gp32. Basically whenever i plugged it in it was not being recognised by windows. Eventually (thanks to squidge) i found that the gp32 mini usb end was not making a connection properly as the rubber surround was preventing it from pushing in completely, it should 'lock' into place. I don't know if thats the problem you're having but if so, a slit in the rubber surround should fix it. Good luck!

You can completely setup the GP SMCs with a card reader.
I bought mine together with the GP32, 'cause it's faster, more comfortable, and you don't have any problems transferring files.

Just create the needed directories and copy all the files in the right place.

You can install FPK-Files as well, just grab the GP Extractror.
http://users.skynet.be/firefly/gp32/project/gpex/index.htm

Then copy the files to the right places, and all will work well :)

Back