Analog Nub Component

Danielb

Still Fresh
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows where the analog nub components for the Pyra are being sourced from?

I have been looking everywhere and those seem to be the thinnest analog nub components around on the internet. I would love to purchase some from either the Prya team, or their source.

Thanks!

If anyone is interested about what they are for. I like making controller mods for cell phones. Here is a link to one of my vids.

oo, that looks very awesome. everything i want in a phone. though, i think the pyra will do it for me (if i can get the phone functionality working).

(can't help you on sourcing nubs, though.)

The schematics label it an 'AS5013'. Searching for that term suggests that's a hall effect sensor, and some of the related products on digikey look very like the Pyra nubs.

I recall there are two variants, one with larger throw than the other. The larger throw version is harder to source I believe, but is currently being used on the Pyra. I'm not sure which variant I'm seeing on digikey.

It's a mechanical part (just a spring with a magnet and pushbutton) and a hall sensor on the other side.
The bigger version (which we use for the Pyra) is not available anymore, only the smaller part is.
We can sell you some though, as we got more than 10000.

Are you not expecting to sell over 5000 boards? I wouldn't be so sure given we've already got over 1000 pre-orders with no actual evidence all the schematics and things published so far actually work.

Are you not expecting to sell over 5000 boards? I wouldn't be so sure given we've already got over 1000 pre-orders with no actual evidence all the schematics and things published so far actually work.

Yes, it's planned to sell at least 5000 Pyras. We sold over 7000 Pandoras, so why shouldn't this be possible?
We don't need 5000 preorders. We have a few years to sell them :)

Besides, what do you mean? Except for a few things we are still finding and that need fixing, we got working units.

Yes, it's planned to sell at least 5000 Pyras. We sold over 7000 Pandoras, so why shouldn't this be possible?
We don't need 5000 preorders. We have a few years to sell them :)

Besides, what do you mean? Except for a few things we are still finding and that need fixing, we got working units.

He is saying you have 10000 nubs. Two per Pyra, so you have enough for 5000 Pyra. If you sell nubs that arent produced anymore but needed how can you produce 5000 Pyra?

Ah, understood that wrongly :)

Well, first, we got 10200 nubs, so we got a couple spare ones which I could part with.

Second, once we sold 5000 Pyras, the funds should be there to let these nubs be produced somewhere else (it's just a magnet with a string!)
And third, as worst case scenario we can also populate the smaller ones. The mainboards work with both :)

What I meant be evidence is basically a video of it booting up and doing something where I can see the user pressing buttons. So far we've had a video of a prototype running a 2600 game on a video I can't even find on youtube any more, videos of you with PCBs and bits of plastic, pictures of it booted to a rotated xerror message, and lots of development stuff which could theoretically be a massive confidence trick at this moment. To be fair, in writing that out I remembered more stuff than I had thought there was, so it'd be a spectacularly complicated way about making a scam for little profit, but still if it's booting up and running I'd love to see that.

Not that that's your sole responsibility. I'm still hoping for videos to come out from the beta developers showing the cool stuff they've been able to implement/port, like we had in the early days of the Pandora.

And I had misremembered the two nub variants. That it's only the mechanical part that varies, and the electronic part is still available is good news!

For the projects he's working on, @Danielb may actually find the more compact version of the controller to be a better choice anyway.

(it's just a magnet with a string!)

Maybe a misspell uncorrected - don't you mean "magnet with a spring"?

Because if it was actually, "string", then there is a Monty Python Flying Circus sketch that I need to dig up.

For the projects he's working on, @Danielb may actually find the more compact version of the controller to be a better choice anyway.

Because if it was actually, "string", then there is a Monty Python Flying Circus sketch that I need to dig up.

Correct :D

Thank you so much for the replies!! You are correct @Grench that for this project, the thinner the better.
@EvilDragon I would definitely like to purchase a few pairs off of you, I messaged you with my info :D

So, we need to find him the part numbers & schematics diagram links for both versions and where to buy the one still made.
[doublepost=1490075072,1490074711][/doublepost]

Old radio show bit...

So, we need to find him the part numbers & schematics diagram links for both versions and where to buy the one still made.
You want schematics for a metal box containing some springs and a plastic nub? I already gave the part number for the electronic part, which you should be able to use to find schematics quite easily.

Edit: FWIW, the python team never did a series of radio sketches to the best of my knowledge; what you have there is an album track (bookended by audio from the TV series, I think). It was available first only on the US edition of 'The Monty Python Instant Record Collection' in '77 then three years later on all editions of 'Monty Python's Contractual Oblibgation Album'.

Last edited:
Back