And So It Begins (Again)

miseryguts1969

Still Fresh
By this time tomorrow, we should know what Sony's imaginatively titled PSP2 (or is it?) is bringing to the table, i personally was never a great fan of the original (sold mine after 6 months) but if the debug specs are accurate, colour me interested:

- Dimensions: 17X7.4X2.3 cm
- 5" OLED multi-touch screen (12.7 cm)
- Multi-touch trackpad
- Resolution: 960 x 544
- Quad core ARM Cortex A-9
- PowerVR SGX 543 MP4+
- 512MB LPDDR2 RAM (1GB devkits)
- 16GB flash + SD slot
- Wifi, 3G, bluetooth
- Acelerometers, GPS, gyroscope, front and back camera

When it inevitably gets hacked, it then becomes a very serious contender (for me at least) and let's not forget the handheld holy grail.. ta da Dual Analogue's (Pandora got there first though!)

miseryguts1969 said:
By this time tomorrow, we should know what Sony's imaginatively titled PSP2 (or is it?) is bringing to the table, i personally was never a great fan of the original (sold mine after 6 months) but if the debug specs are accurate, colour me interested:

- Multi-touch trackpad
- PowerVR SGX 543 MP4+
- 16GB flash + SD slot
- Wifi, 3G, bluetooth

When it inevitably gets hacked, it then becomes a very serious contender (for me at least) and let's not forget the handheld holy grail.. ta da Dual Analogue's (Pandora got there first though!)
An SD card in a Sony device? You'd think they'd use M2 or MS Pro Duo. I've just ordered a 16GB MS Pro Duo... I wouldn't have done so if Sony made the PSP compatible with SD cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen anything confirmed about it being an SD slot. It's some unnamed flash storage.

Com64 said:
miseryguts1969 said:

- Multi-touch trackpad
- PowerVR SGX 543 MP4+
- 16GB flash + SD slot
- Wifi, 3G, bluetooth

An SD card in a Sony device? You'd think they'd use M2 or MS Pro Duo. I've just ordered a 16GB MS Pro Duo... I wouldn't have done so if Sony made the PSP compatible with SD cards.

The PS3 had an SD card slot in the 60GB model. But yes, it's probable that if they're going with just the one, it'll be MS Pro Duo

Last edited by a moderator:
Back