Android gingerbread in a pnd?

Ok it's ready, changes:

• fixed sgx driver (work around it really)
  • migrated to CyanogenMod
  • fixed wifi reload
  • added preliminary keymaps
  • lots of code hacks and messed up stuff

http://notaz.gp2x.de...gerbread_r4.pnd

Note: I highly recommend clearing your appdata before updating, I don't know if it will work properly if you don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
what are the default action buttons for this version of Android.. This version the Pandora key just exits out of the application instead of bringing up the settings menu of the app. I can't seem to find that button.

EDIT: found it.. Down on the Nub or fn+2

Wow, that one is FAAAST :D

But the sound seems to be a second delayed... at least in a quick Peggle test.

Need to check the settings.

This is really speedy now! Angry Birds Rio now runs fullspeed at 750 MHz. But as ED said, the sound it way off. Not a dealbreaker for those kind of games, but annoying if you run actiongames.

Other than that it is a very good experience already.

So sound was better before?

I guess not everything is so nice in CyanogenMod then.. Or maybe it's 2.3.4 vs 2.3.7 issue. Or maybe something entirely different. Annoying :(

(porting) Android sucks!

I can understand you ;)

But yes, sound was ok before. Now it has a huge delay.

Fruitninja and Angry birds Space don't seem to work anymore. Could someone confirm please?

BTW, it IS possible to get a full market. ;)

Please tell us how.

Fruitninja and Angry birds Space don't seem to work anymore. Could someone confirm please?

Fruit Ninja works for me.

@ Notaz, amazing work, Andorid on the Pandora (clocked at 800Mhz) now seems to work slightly better than on my HTC desire in terms of graphical performance. To me that is pretty awesome indeed. The android browser works a treat as well.

@ Anyone : What is the Pandora button for Menu? Back is mapped to the escape key. Home is mapped to the Pandora Key. Is there an easy way to remap Home, Back & Menu to the ABXY buttons?

Ok, as google earth also doesn't work for me atm, maybe I messed something up with my experiments. Will try again and tell the results.

Can someone check some of the yongzh's emulators? Only gba and nes was playable before, snes and n64 were sideshows

Still out of town for the next week

So I was watching Netflix on my Pandora last night...

Yeah, that's it. It's not really fast enough, even with substantial overclocking there's a lot of skipped frames, but the fact it works at all is kind of amazing. I wonder why it runs so well on my phone.

So I was watching Netflix on my Pandora last night...

Yeah, that's it. It's not really fast enough, even with substantial overclocking there's a lot of skipped frames, but the fact it works at all is kind of amazing. I wonder why it runs so well on my phone.

It's probably highly optimised for purposes such as that.

It's great how well this is running now though, I hope some of you who didn't like the idea of android will at least give it a go and see what it can bring to the Pandora in terms of functionality we could never usually get (netflix is a good example).

There is also high demand for Android laptop style devices and I think the Pandora can meet this quite well.

Testing results:

- Installing Apps with apk-files: Works

- Go Launcher Ex: Works but takes a lot of RAM (+100mb with 2 widgets, some icons / default theme)

- FTL Launcher: Works but wrong scale of elements (icons and text in app drawer stretched)

- Wi-Fi works but connection drops if i want to load apps with getjar

- SD-Card (slot 2) formating creates a demaged filesystem; reformat on mac and card is all ok

- All in all fast with default 500 MHZ and 256 RAM! Feels as fast as Archos IT 7.0 (800Mhz / 256 RAM)

- Eats about 86mb Ram on untouched install.

- Unmounting of SD-Card remounts immediately, you must be fast to eject it without error message

- cyanogenmod-Settings crashes

THANKS a lot for the good work :) any plans to make an more tablet orientated version with HC or ICS?

i think the PND-Variant is the best. But selecting as shell like XFCE after login would be fine ;)

one improvement, I installed Amazon App Store and was able to install netflix, skype, kindle reader and angrybirds... etc

Having a few issues with speed and some apps that worked in the previous releases are not working as well.. but wonder if I should of wiped the SD card that holds the installed apps. I did cleared out the appdata folder though...

honestly unless Notaz can get PNDs to run within android I don't care to see a NAND install.

Back