Android gingerbread in a pnd?

I havent had any crashes yet with my 512 board, but angry birds space wont launch which is strange, just trying shadowgun out now.

Now that the settings are enabled, you can activate compcache, what is essentially the same as zram in the Pandoraos.

Milkshake: Try to install it from apk not from store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats someing I have been wondering, too. I just want it for the indiegames :)

Oh good. I thought I was missing something completely obvious.

The only reason I can think of is that people want to use Android as their main operating system but can't be bothered swapping back to the usual one to run the emulators. I think I'd rather do the swapping and stick to using the better emulators personally. The devs who work on the emulators on this scene are one of the best things about the Pandora; Why settle for second best? :)

Oh good. I thought I was missing something completely obvious.

The only reason I can think of is that people want to use Android as their main operating system but can't be bothered swapping back to the usual one to run the emulators. I think I'd rather do the swapping and stick to using the better emulators personally. The devs who work on the emulators on this scene are one of the best things about the Pandora; Why settle for second best? :)

Because in several cases the Android versions are better, it's not the majority of cases, but things like N64 on Android are more advanced and more compatible.

You can also get fully licensed emulators on Android, including licensed games.

So Im a android noob but Im going to try this, I have world of goo from one of the indie bundles now how do I go about getting world of goo via android on my pandora... ?

Android devices have 4 main buttons : Home, Menu, Back & Search

On R5 the Home button is mapped to the Pandora Button, The back button is mapped to Esc.

What are the Menu & Search buttons mapped to?

Is it possible for a user to remap these buttons to the ABXY buttons (or shoulder buttons etc)?

Menu is F2 or right nub down. F11 and F12 are volume Low and High. Search ? Didn't have it even on my Android devices anymore.

Because in several cases the Android versions are better, it's not the majority of cases, but things like N64 on Android are more advanced and more compatible.

You can also get fully licensed emulators on Android, including licensed games.
Ah, I was under the impression that most of the bigger emulators like that were just ports and tweaked versions of the ones worked on by the devs on here.

Anyone tried Onlive ?
Yes, it works and recognizes the dpad on the pandora. Unfortunately the wifi on my pandora is really slow and the video quality is horrible. Im on a 15Mb fiber connection so I'm pretty sure that the wifi is the problem. Does android work with usb ethernet adapters?

Edit: The sound is also skipping, but that may be because of the slow wifi.

Yes it does, plug it in before you boot android and it will work, as will wifi sticks etc.

I use can use a USB Ethernet adapter without issues.. just need to set it up before starting the Android pnd

According to the CPU settings in the CyanogenMod settings menu The max CPU speed setting is at 550 MHZ and it doesn't allow me to set it higher. Does that mean that the clock speed is changed to that regardless of the SuperZaxxon CPU speed setting when Android is loaded? [edit] I forgot I hadn't adjusted the default CPU speed setting on that unit, (which was recently reflashed) so it wasn't overclocked before I loaded android. [/edit] Is there a way to increase the internal maximum CPU speed setting? (other than overclocking before starting android)

Also after enabling the compcache setting just now I tried to kill android (as it required a reboot, but it just went briefly to a grey sceen and back to the home screen, I couldn't find a way to cleanly shut down android.

- Neelix

You must define the max allowed MHz first on Pandora OS and enable these settings. That will be the value, you can set on Android as max.

After enabling compcache, I endet with a boot-loop. Restarting the Pandora fixed the error. Maybe it's not save to use with GB for Pandora.

I saw that, but I don't think it actually sets the CPU speed at all.. Apps run faster when I overclock so I think what is set prior to launching Android sticks.

Although I never did play with it.

Edit: seeing the previous post.. going to have to visit it again.

I have huge problems with loadingtimes since r5.

As said, I think this is because of lack of ram on older units. It accesses the sd like crazy.

I can't seem to get into the CyanogenMod settings menu anymore.. crashes out for some reason.

If you have continuous wifi reconnects, disable mobile data and set the device in flight-mode. after that re-enable wifi. Works for my Pandora.

Back