Android gingerbread in a pnd?

I've got the most up to date packages for my  Rebirth and running the gingerbread_r6.pnd fails. If I try to run it manually, it will mount the PND, try running pandora/run_gingerbread.sh, after it asks for my password, a box flickers a sec, then vanishes and it fails.

How is your SD card formatted?
It's still FAT32. It worked fine before, but I hadn't run it in a while, and when I tried to run it today, it wouldn't work. So i deleted the appdata folder for it and redownloaded the PND and still no joy. I'm not sure if something is changed since the last time I updated, I'm on the most current update of Super Zaxxon. Unless the SGX driver is causing the problem, it just occurred to me to try that.

Nope, reverting the SGX driver back to default made no difference so, I dunno what has changed.

Interesting. It was working for me on the most recent firmware. Perhaps it is SD corruption? Have you tried reformatting and then reinstalling?

Hello, I am not sure if this is reported or not but I can't get wifi working. It turns on, stays on for about 10 seconds and then turns off. Also, I can't also see any wifi modems in these 10 seconds. Can anyone please help me?

Hello, I am not sure if this is reported or not but I can't get wifi working. It turns on, stays on for about 10 seconds and then turns off. Also, I can't also see any wifi modems in these 10 seconds. Can anyone please help me?
It was a bit spotty for me as well last time I tried it. 

Maybe disabling wifi power saving mode before launching the Android PND could help.

Command:

Code:
sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a bit spotty for me as well last time I tried it. 

Maybe disabling wifi power saving mode before launching the Android PND could help.

Command:

sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off
Thanks, gonna try it!

I had trouble with the dreaded Error retrieving information from server, so I tooled around looking for another Gapps zip that would work and found this one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xc58i1tr118qbdn

Unzipped this one, stuck the System Folder in like we did with the old one and boom, seems to work perfectly fine. Worth a try if you're fiddling with Pandora Android and getting frustrated that the Play Store isn't working!

Back