Annoying Computer Fault!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and re-install your motherboard drivers, just for good measure.

I've had similar crashes (although your desktop looks fine to me!!) and it was always just a case of re-installing my graphics card drivers.

Seriously, none of us are able to help you if you can't tell us what's bugging you about your desktop. Just saying it "feels" wrong doesn't give us any useful information at all.

Lets see... Get rid of some icons. Auto arrange them. Get a nice SVG background and render it to 1600x1200 (your desktop size). Get rid of Opera cus its ugly and replace it with Firefox. Turn on XP themes. Set to silver theme (the best one). Resize the start menu to the right size.

Failing that, get a better gfx card and monitor because apparently 1600x1200 isn't good enough for you. 1280x960 is good enough for me.

Jaw posted on Aug 12 2006 at 05:54 PM said:

does that give you a better idea of what i'm saying?
Listen you stupid idiot. One, you are running, from the looks of it, a Beta build of XP, thats probably got bugs.

Two, I HAVE FUCKING TOLD YOU, you are currently running the 'classic' theme, switch it back to the XP theme!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaw posted on Aug 12 2006 at 05:40 PM said:
looks like it's reformat time, nobody seems to see what i'm saying.
Wow.... are you absolutely fucking joking? You must be, but for some reason I don't find it funny.

You'd actually format a perfectly good computer setup because you can't describe a problem you think you're having with it? :blink: WHAT??

Dude, use proper terms, speak in long sentences, and tell us WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR COMPUTER. There is no reason to format it... that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in weeks.

EDIT: Are you saying you have too much space? Are you trying to tell us that there's too much dead space around those icons, and that your desktop isn't filled up enough by the icons that are already there? Answer that, or explain what the problem really is.

iignotus posted on Aug 12 2006 at 11:09 PM said:
Jaw posted on Aug 12 2006 at 05:40 PM said:
looks like it's reformat time, nobody seems to see what i'm saying.
Wow.... are you absolutely fucking joking? You must be, but for some reason I don't find it funny.

You'd actually format a perfectly good computer setup because you can't describe a problem you think you're having with it? :blink: WHAT??

Dude, use proper terms, speak in long sentences, and tell us WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR COMPUTER. There is no reason to format it... that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in weeks.

EDIT: Are you saying you have too much space? Are you trying to tell us that there's too much dead space around those icons, and that your desktop isn't filled up enough by the icons that are already there? Answer that, or explain what the problem really is.
What he means is that he is using an old 'classic' 9x theme, as far as I can tell. I keep telling him to change the theme back, but he wont :(

Ayuh!

No-one can help iuf u are too vague. SAY WHAT IS GOING WRONG.

That looks completely fine to me. What isn't right about that picture? What is too small, or too big?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back