Another (apologies) Mame4all question

Disco Devil

Still Fresh
Is there anything in particular you have to do to the roms to ensure compatibility on the Pandora (already ran through Rom Center with the correct dats's.. exactly the same as the PSP version uses) i have found my PSP with the full (supported) Mame4all romset which all work on the PSP, but only about 60% of them on the Pandora..?

Any ideas..?

Was it the Rom dat for 35b07? IIRC that's the one needed - not sure if there's identical level of compatibility beyond that though

Last edited by a moderator:
I use clrmamepro exclusivly and never had any issues , It rebuilds perfectly maybe you need to recheck your settings

Can someone give me the exact link to the dat (if of course it's legal) or if it's not too cheeky PM it.

I have the romshepherd link but can't find a specific 0.37b5 dat amongst them (i can find 0.037B05 is this the same..?)

Thanks.

Download this http://dl.openhandhe...0,0,0,0,73,2508 the .dat you are looking for is inside the zip file :)

Thanks for that, but it didn't fix anything all the games that were previously just a black screen are still the same.. why do all the games work fine (regardless of whether i have rebuilt the roms with the relevant dat or not) on Mame4all on my PSP & phone (same version) but not on the Pandora..? so frustrating!

I would quite readily donate to a specific (optimised) Pandora build of Mame or FB Alpha (what the hell happened to that!) seems a crying shame that we don't have a decent version with good rom support at the moment.. is that ever likely to improve..?

Try the dat file in the link I posted above - this is MAME4ALL specific...

Because it is built off of MAME .037b5 (It is not .037b5 exclusive)

Try the dat file in the link I posted above - this is MAME4ALL specific...

Because it is built off of MAME .037b5 (It is not .037b5 exclusive)

Thanks,

that is EXACTLY the dat that i used.. and still the same results, seems like my PSP isn't going to become redundant anytime soon!

Is there anything in particular you have to do to the roms to ensure compatibility on the Pandora (already ran through Rom Center with the correct dats's.. exactly the same as the PSP version uses) i have found my PSP with the full (supported) Mame4all romset which all work on the PSP, but only about 60% of them on the Pandora..?

Any ideas..?

What games are not working and what settings are you using? Give us some specific examples so we can try to help. There are more possible reasons than 'bad or missing' roms for a game not to work in MAME. The contents of /tmp/pndrun_mame4all.out after a game fails to load would also be useful.

Back