Another Pandora rival

agent_orange

Still Fresh
Doesnt have gaming controls, and in my opinion looks rather fugly. However having the NVidia Tegra 2 chip and 1Gb RAM could make things interesting. The article unfortunately seems to be a bit short of detail, like screen size/resolution. Also Im not sure how this thing is supposed to accomodate an SSD...

What do you guys think?

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/01/26/compulab_trim_slice/

Interesting, but seeing as it's

1. Very slim

2. Requires an external display

3. has reasonably advanced chipset

...means that it will likely cost a mint.

Given its _entirely different_, how is it a rival?

- external display needed, so not really a pocketable device per se

- no keyboard

- no controls

Theres been thigns like that around for ages of various sizes; its a Mac Mini, for PC, thats smaller. *shrug*

jeff

Given its _entirely different_, how is it a rival?

- external display needed, so not really a pocketable device per se

- no keyboard

- no controls

Theres been thigns like that around for ages of various sizes; its a Mac Mini, for PC, thats smaller. *shrug*

jeff

My bad, I thought it had built in display. Seems bizarre that it doesnt otherwise whats the point of it being so small if its unuseable on the road

I saw this the other day and thought it was cool, right now I have two machines, a gaming rig and an Atom eeepc. 99% of my time is spent on my eeepc, I just don't need all the raw power my gaming rig has to brows the net, e-mail, forums, freecell, ect ect ect. I'd go ARM but it seems like a hassle and until this device no one has put an ARM in a shell that is made to be used as a desktop replacement. This could be done with the OMAP4 but the closest there is right now is the Panda Board, a lot of work getting it to run and making a case for it.

I like it, it looks pretty complete, but for my money I'd rather invest in the Beagleboard community and just get a new Beagleboard2 .. plus a little time on the laser cutter to make a neat case and I think it'd be better.

Back