Any Bemani (music Games) For The Gp2x?

taffy55

Still Fresh
Before anyone tells me, I DID use the search before I decided to post this, I didn't find much of use.

Well hey everyone, just got my GP2X (F200, if that's important) and I was just wondering if there are any Bemani games out there in existence that will play for this thing. I LOVE music beat games and to have one on a handheld would be amazing. YES, I do know about the Beat2X or whatever it's called, but that's a DDR game. Why in the world would anyone even want a DDR game on a handheld anyways???
I understand pop'n and beatmania probably wouldnt be as easy to play on the Gp2X, but it people are willing to make a DDR clone for it... why not other must games? you know, ones that dont usually use your feet?

I think you're misusing the name bemani. Bemani is the music games division of konami, not a type of game.
And also beat2x is the same as any other music game in essence, just replace the arrow sprites with pop-kun sprites and then you'll have a pop'n music simulator. You can't really simulate any music games properly on a handheld anyway because of the controls.

chris_r said:
I think you're misusing the name bemani. Bemani is the music games division of konami, not a type of game.
And also beat2x is the same as any other music game in essence, just replace the arrow sprites with pop-kun sprites and then you'll have a pop'n music simulator. You can't really simulate any music games properly on a handheld anyway because of the controls.
:blink: oh, really? i always thought Bemani stood for all music games in general, but then i guess that's an easy mistake to make when karaoke revolution, dance dance revolution, beatmania, pop'n, etc. etc. are all made by Konami. But still, it's those kinds of games that I was talking about. I didn't know you could change the sprites like that... I'd ask more questions about it but it's prob going to take hardly any longer to simply download the game and see for myself!
Thanks

oh, and yeah, i agree. a music game would be hard to do on a handheld, but it has been done with DJ Max on the psp.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont really know whether i should have just added an edit to my previous post or not... cause this is kind of a completely different thought on this.
since the GP2X emulates arcade games with the MAME emulator, couldnt it technically emulate the actual arcade versions of all of those music games??? or are those too advanced?
just a thought, cause im curious.

taffy55 said:
i dont really know whether i should have just added an edit to my previous post or not... cause this is kind of a completely different thought on this.
since the GP2X emulates arcade games with the MAME emulator, couldnt it technically emulate the actual arcade versions of all of those music games??? or are those too advanced?
The gp2x mame version is based on mame 0.36 version and can't run thoses games because they were added in very new versio of mame. This game are realy big demande on emulation juste try on mame pc version and you see the performance need

Yod4z said:
taffy55 said:
The gp2x mame version is based on mame 0.36 version and can't run thoses games because they were added in very new versio of mame. This game are realy big demande on emulation juste try on mame pc version and you see the performance need

ya, I figured as much. oh well, thanks for answering so quickly!

Beat2s is probably the best out there for what you are looking for.

There is another one called beatbox but I do not like it.

If you are into music production though, there are plenty trackers available, LGPT seems the most popular (I started using it this week)

other than that, you'd have to dig the archive...

However, I do not agree that these type of game are harder to make for the GP2X because of the control, it's just a matter of having a cerative dep team with a passion for music game, which our scene probably lacks =)

But do check out beat 2x, you'll enjoy it for sure

Indeed, Beat2X is the best on the GP2X to date. Do a search for Beat2x at the site I just linked you to, and you'll find a bunch of music packs as well, including a utility to help create your own.

And yes, whilst Bemani is technically the music game creation division of Konami, it's often used to describe as a collective term for all such games - it's not just you. :)

Line O'Sevens said:
Indeed, Beat2X is the best on the GP2X to date. Do a search for Beat2x at the site I just linked you to, and you'll find a bunch of music packs as well, including a utility to help create your own.

And yes, whilst Bemani is technically the music game creation division of Konami, it's often used to describe as a collective term for all such games - it's not just you. :)

Seems like most of the song packs are broken download links...
But this is interesting, specially with the tools to make your own.

For anyone who looks at this in the future and was wondering what I was wondering, I did find a rather pleasant alternative. I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before, but there are quite a large amount of rhythm and beat games available for the gameboy color, gameboy advance and snes from japan. The GP2X will easily handle them.

Back