Any chance of a Rapid-Fire Mode program on Pandora?

patnik

Hello everyone. I was playing around a bit with some of the homebrew/ported games and also Mame-ex and FBA-Capex a while ago and it occurred to me, for some of the programs that have no default rapid-fire modes ( MAME EX supports a few rapid fire cheats for a few select games, FBA CAPEX has no such option iirc; GPFCE GP2X has a built-in Turbo option, as well as PicoDrive, gpSP has no such feature, etc etc etc...) would it be possible to create a "Turbo Mode" program in the PND format, to facilitate "Turbo-less" games and emulators? I am concerned that for some like myself, who plays mainly scrolling shooters and "beat-em-ups" (Final Fight, Streets of Rage), it can be used to relieve stress on one`s fingers when playing the few hectic/frantic games like these on the Pandora. Plus, the added benefit of not ruining the action buttons keymats prematurely.

I`m thinking, launch the "Turbo" PND prior to launching a game or emulator, then while you are having fun, press some sort of key combo/macro to activate the Turbo mode, press an action button to test the resulting output, then speed can be adjusted either by preset speed settings, or maybe by using the < or > + T keys to step down/up the speed.

Could something like what I had in mind be built for the Pandora? Kind of like JoytoKey for PC which along with Macro settings, had rapid-fire capabilities? Or something like CwCheat or CheatMaster for modified PSPs, which in addition to searching and creating codes, also contained a configurable Turbo Mode of sorts?

It would be wonderful if one or more of the talented programmers in our community could cook up a neat program to enhance the OpenPandora gaming sessions one will most put into. I just wished I had programming/compiling knowledge, otherwise I`d attempt it myself. This is where I come to you for help, O Wonderful Wizards!! :)

Can anyone create a nifty Turbo/Rapid Fire program PND for our Pandoras?

....Patnik.

There is qjoypad for Pandora which can do this already.

Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
I must make a correction in regards to gpSP; it actually contains a Rapid fire selection within the settings. This would make some GBA beat em ups and shooters a bit more fun.

As to the qjoypad, I`m still testing to see if it actually will work for me. One weird observation I must mention, I`m on Super Zaxxon 1.5 ( not the latest 1.51 ) kernel 3.2, and qjoypad will not detect the Pandora`s action buttons ( says "No joystick found" ). Under kernel 2.6 the game buttons are detected normally (Joystick Found). While using kernel 2.6 I then chose a game to test with ( Streets of Rage Remake ) and tried to set the action buttons to rapid fire, then start the game. No rapid fire result. I then tested with Hardcore Fight, still no rapid fire result. Alice in Clicheland, same result. I`m guessing that either I`m doing something wrong, or the individual game`s key binding to the Pandora action keys will not allow for qjoypad compatability/the result I`m looking for. I will continue to troubleshoot, though.

Anyone else having the same issue with qjoypad and a similar Pandora setup as mine?

...Patnik.

The actionbuttons are part of the keyboard, not joystick. This will result into them not being useable with qjoypad maybe.

Maybe notaz can say more here, but the pnds you mention might use thein keyboard and not joystickmode.

No clue how to go about changing that...

I suspected that, Mcobit. Maybe using an actual external gamepad ( either via USB + HUB, or Bluetooth ala the iCP1 or incoming iCP2 model/another compatible BT gamepad ) may provide better qjoypad compatibility on the OpenPandora. I`ll just wait for when the Kickstarter rewards are ready for delivery so that I`ll test this theory out. Or if anyone reading this topic who owns a Pandora and an iCP1, could you test for us if Qjoypad modes ( Sticky Key, on games like K.E.T.M., Mr Sitwell, OpenTyrian, and any other scrolling shooters; Rapid Fire, on action games like Streets of Rage Remake, Hardcore Fight, Cave Story etc ) work for you. Also if you can test some emulators with said setup, I`m interested in the results.

I wonder if CwCheat or Cheatmaster for modified PSPs could be ported/recompiled for OpenPandora compatibility, or a program like those written from scratch. They allowed you to search/hack/create codes, adjustable rapid fire modes, text reader for FAQ reading on the fly, picture viewer, etc all while playing your PSP, PS1 and most homebrew titles.

...Patnik.

I wonder if CwCheat or Cheatmaster for modified PSPs could be ported/recompiled for OpenPandora compatibility, or a program like those written from scratch. They allowed you to search/hack/create codes, adjustable rapid fire modes, text reader for FAQ reading on the fly, picture viewer, etc all while playing your PSP, PS1 and most homebrew titles.

I think notaz integrated wcheat into pcsxrearmed.

Back