Any Good .avi Joiners?

futuredestroyer

Still Fresh
I have a movie and it's split down the middle for some reason and i want to join it into one file for easier use. But all the file mergers right where the first one ends and the second one begins it freezes so i can play pretty much the whole first part till the end where like i said freezes and i've tried a few joiners with no luck. So i was wondering if you guys would know of any?

Virtualdub has an 'Append avi segment' option in the 'file' menu bar. It works well for re-joining split avi's. Once the two files are appended simply save it as .avi with both video and audio set to 'direct stream copy'.

Good luck! :)

You can't blame VirtualDub for doing a poor job because it works usually. I think there is a problem with the codec-header of the second segment. Try to re-encode both and merge them again.

no matter after hours of endless searching i finally found one that works (cause you can't just say that virtualdub would have worked anyway). well it's 1:50 now and i've been searching since... well along time let's say 11:00. well i probably won't be on the boards for awhile now that i've gottin' eveything, i come and go when ever i please. bye yall.

VirtualDub 1.5.10 works the best in appending AVI segments. ;)

It also rewrites automatically the "wrong" header of each AVI movie. :)

Back