Any Touhou-esque Shmups For Gp2x?

furyhunter600

Still Fresh
I've been hooked to bullet-hell shmups for a while, and I got into Touhou. Is there any bullet-hell, or curtain fire shmups for the gp2x that I haven't heard of?

Speaking of which, how do I get NP22X working so I can run the older Touhou games?

Well you can emulate a lot of shooters but no arcade game I know of is as manic as the Touhou games, except modern ones like EspGaluda 1/2, Mushihimesama, things like that from cave. And even so they're more raw gameplay and less an endless torrent of bullets....... either way it would be impossible to play those decently with the f100 or f200 controls. They're just too poor for rapid precise movement..

well you could put raiden up there. not like the first ones but the Jet series ones for arcade too bad they can't be played on mame so damn disappointing.

Get Gigawing, Mars Matrix, and Progear for the CPS2 emu. Then get the FBA port by squidge and start playing all the CAVE and Raizing shooters. FBA is very alpha but for an alpha the emulation is pretty good. Just make sure you have the sound turned way down before starting a game in FBA. For getting np22x working you need a font.bmp file. You can just use the makefont32.exe if you have windows. Just grab it from here.

EDIT: Forgot to add Dimahoo for CPS2. Also 19XX and 1944 for CPS2 while not manic bullet dodging they are quite nice.

I hope when the new handheld rolls around the more modern (1990s) 68000, 68020, and SH-2 based shooters will be supported in MAME. There will be more than enough CPU power to do it......

Back